Is this bogus?

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:
Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

++++ Central Intelligence Agency -CIA-
++++ Office of Public Affairs
++++ Washington, D.C. 20505

++++ phone: (703) 482-0623
++++ 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., US Eastern time

I get this in my inbox... with an attachment... virus??

DEFINATELY bogus.

The CIA will scoop you up in a blackhawk and take you to an undisclosed location if they want to ask you questions... not send you an email!

Oh, and no, the Nigerian bankers ARE NOT going to give you your money back ;)

Poor Steven Allison, his job is so top secret monitoring my internet activities that even his bosses don't know about his job. I really feel sorry for the poor bastard too, I guess the gig with the CIA wasn't paying enough as I have also received one from him at his FBI job as well. He is a true patriot selflessly serving the cause of a safer world.

bulldogg said:
Poor Steven Allison, his job is so top secret monitoring my internet activities that even his bosses don't know about his job. I really feel sorry for the poor bastard too, I guess the gig with the CIA wasn't paying enough as I have also received one from him at his FBI job as well. He is a true patriot selflessly serving the cause of a safer world.

Well, I'll write to you c/o Gitmo. :lol:

I saw in the TV news yesterday there was a virus email scam saying it came from the FBI.

The people who did this are morons, now the FBI is after them.

I've got their phone number here from the emails. Just tell them to email me and I'll give it to them. :)

I want to ask the question now that we've had a bit of a laugh. Is this sort of malicious prank inevitible in a mild police state with all the jingoistic fear mongering going on between the White House and the press in the US and abroad? How many people are so nervous from the stories that they thought this was real? Who's fault is it for setting up this situation?

Well if you can retrace how a hype comes into existence, then you'll probably have your answer.
My bet is that pranks like this will become more frequent, because the media covers strories regarding the issue. Ain't it fun the be actual and factual with your jokes?

Yeah, that would be bullshit. The CIA would kidnap you, rape your mother, then torture you until you die and THEN send you that email (without an attachment).

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Yeah, that would be bullsh*t. The CIA would kidnap you, rape your mother, then torture you until you die and THEN send you that email (without an attachment).

lol, personal experience? 8)

:evil: :cen: shut up mohmar you have no idea, maybe thats the way things are run in china but not here. cia is a very respect organization.

Hahahahaha, come on FMJACKET. There are many many books, articles and documentaries on the shady business that the CIA does. They have dirty fingers in a great deal of things. Just that you can't prove any of it (probably) doesn't mean that it isn't so. Sometimes you have to listen to common sense, even when it comes in a sarcastic way from someone who's view you don't share.

MightyMacbeth said:
lol, personal experience? 8)

You bet!

In my.. uh before-life! :D

FULLMETALJACKET said:
:evil: :cen: shut up mohmar you have no idea, maybe thats the way things are run in china but not here. cia is a very respect organization.

This kind of scary story is the very reason the CIA is such a respected organization. :p

Italian Guy said:
Ted, you backing that guy makes me think less of you.

Come on IG, I'm not backing Mohmar in his views. I was merely reacting the Fullmetaljacket's remark that the CIA is a very respected organisation. I reckon that even some of the Americans do not share this vision on this!
I bought a book a while back comparing the CIA to the KGB and eversince that book I have a hard time calling the Agency respected. At least respected by me....

I see Mohmar's views on affairs "on the other end of the continueum". There are quiet extreme views by some of the Americans and his are square the opposite. I just try to float between both extremes.

Mohmar is beyond being at the other end of the spectrum Ted. And pardon me Mr Deathstrike for speaking of you as though you aren't here but so be it. Mr MDS is a devil's advocate who is a true test of the restraint of the posters here to not engage his highly inflammatory remarks and engage in a flame war. It is also a test for the moderators of this board to maintain an "international flavour" while having someone post such blatantly baiting remarks on a board overloaded with Americans. I respect his right to an opinion and I also detect a note of disingenuous intellect. That he doesn't really believe what he says but is simply playing out the other side to get a rise. If the mods were to ban him he would very easily take the high moral ground of this in fact NOT being an international forum but an american forum with the label of international as mere window dressing. I think he is smart and having a bit of fun playing with fire. His country is constantly changing and his moniker is farcical at best. Were I to consider his views heartfelt I for one would heartily endorse service members of this board and or their family hunting him down and castrating him with a pair of dull rusty tin snips from Wales.
:lol:

Yeah... uh, no thanks.

But seriously. According to the media, evidence really does seem to be piling up that the CIA is engaging in stuff that is kinda frowned upon by the community.

About me being inflammatory: Didn't Wispering Death state

Whispering Death said:
DEFINATELY bogus.

The CIA will scoop you up in a blackhawk and take you to an undisclosed location if they want to ask you questions... not send you an email!

Oh, and no, the Nigerian bankers ARE NOT going to give you your money back ;)
?

How come this is not regarded as flaming/flamebait?

I'm sure we all agree on the Nigerian "bankers". What distinguishes them from other (including Nigerian) banks, is that other banks are banks. :lol:

Back