Is this bogus?

Italian Guy said:
You are so ignorant.
Iraq has a legitimate government elected by the people. The United Nations recognize and encourage that government and all its past and future democratic processes which had never happened before. That government is democratic itself, they have a Constitution which guarantees the protection of human rights, like had never happened before. They expressely said they want that Constitution and their government to govern them like has never happened before.
All insurgents, regardless of what you consider them, are BAD guys because they aim to weaken and overthrow a government that got democratically and freely elected, something that has never happened before.
Our soldiers and the Iraqi soldiers are freedom fighters. You should stop drinking.

I've never been drunk when I posted messages here.

The coalition only allowed certain parties that they liked to participate in the election, and pretty much defined the frame in which the democratic process was to take place.

Also, tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians have been killed by the coalition according to "liberal" surveys. Unfortunately, there are no "conservative" body counts. Many prisoners have been tortured by members of the Iraqi interior ministry. It's pretty easy to see why many people in Iraq don't consider their govt to be legit.

Also, stop misquoting me. You made it seem as though I made an unconditional statement.

You sir, should loosen up and take up drinking.

Ted said:
Or you are for or against them... simple as that!

:lol: I'm sure I remember another "important" political figure saying something like that a while back ;)

MightyMacbeth said:
I get u there. But u know.. some of them just kill for money. Mercenaries kinda type...

I'm sure this happens often. The coalition employs "civilian contractors" aswell, which is de facto the same thing.

My my a lot has transpired whilst I slept. :shock: Nothing like a little fire to flush out all the critters hiding in the forest. I think the "Delete this post please" posts should stay. They add character to this thread and are instructive.

Discretion is the first modicum of respect thrown out the window by civilised people once a fight turns emotional.

I hope you kids reading this have been taking notes.

Remember folks, what you are referring to as Iraqi insurgents are anything but. They are mostly from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan, and just about everywhere except Iraq.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

he bug-bearing message claims to come from either the FBI, CIA or German BKA police agency, and warns users they have been detected visiting illegal sites.

Those opening a questionnaire attached to the message will be infected by a variant of the well-known Sober virus.

Anti-virus firms have caught millions of copies of the malicious program, suggesting a lot of people have fallen for the fake warning.

So it would seem to me that either

A) Most people are extremely gullible
or
B) The current state of affairs has people so twisted in knots and paranoid themselves that their own common sense and reason have flown out the window in search of more fertile ground.

Revision A. sheet 1 of_

For A. substitute brain dead for gullible.

For B. for "the current state of affairs", plug in the word "anything." Erase "common sense and reason" and replace with "pea brains."

Yours forever,
The CIA

p.s. the FBI says hello and please pull your shades down at night.

Missileer said:
Revision A. sheet 1 of_

For A. substitute brain dead for gullible.

For B. for "the current state of affairs", plug in the word "anything." Erase "common sense and reason" and replace with "pea brains."

Yours forever,
The CIA

p.s. the FBI says hello and please pull your shades down at night.

Revision A. sheet 2 of_
p.p.s. MI5, MI6, and the SAS are keeping an eye on the British contingent of this forum behave or we will send Tony round to talk at you. YOU KNOW WHO MEAN! YES YOU, - - - {whispered conversation - send Tony in.... Yes smily Tony... Yes the PM.... idiots}

And on a lighter note definitely a hoax coz the CIA are watching me aswell and im in Wales, go figure??? lol :rambo:

found this

According to Snopes.com it is called the "Sober" virus. Here's the info:

Origins: Like
the earlier Sober.C mass-mailing worm which hit in 2003, this latest version (Sober.X) employs phony warning messages supposedly sent by law enforcement agencies which claim to be tracking illegal Internet activity. In this case, the messages purport to come from a "Steve Allison," an investigator with either the FBI or the CIA, and state that the recipient has visited "more than 30 illegal Websites," presenting him with a "list of questions" he must answer. The whole thing is, of course, a fiction inteded to lure the reader into opening the attached .ZIP file so that the worm can spread to his PC.

Once it has infected a system, Sober.X may disable security and firewall programs, replicate itself by sending messages to contacts found in e-mail address books, block access to computer security web sites, and open security holes that allow outsiders to access personal data.

Sober.X e-mails are sent out with a variety of subject lines:

* hi, ive a new mail address
* Mail delivery failed
* Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie
* Registration Confirmation
* smtp mail failed
* You visit illegal websites
* Your IP was logged
* Your Password

The FBI has placed an alert about these messages on their web site:
The FBI today warned the public to avoid falling victim to an on-going mass e-mail scheme wherein computer users received unsolicited e-mails purportedly sent by the FBI. These scam e-mails tell the recipients that their Internet use has been monitored by the FBI and that they have accessed illegal web sites. The e-mails then direct recipients to open an attachment and answer questions.

The e-mail appears to be sent from the e-mail addresses of mail@fbi.gov and admin@fbi.gov. There may be other similarly styled addresses. The recipient is enticed to open the zip attachment which contains a w32/sober.jen@mm worm. The attachment does not open and its goal is to utilize the recipient's computer to garner information. Secondly, the virus allows the e-mail to be forwarded to all those listed in the recipient's address book.
Only Microsoft Windows platforms are vulnerable to Sober.X.

Symantec offers removal instructions and updated virus definitions to help combat Sober.X.

Last updated: 24 November 2005

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/soberx.asp

Back