Boeing in trouble in Korea over strip club offer to reporters

MilitaryLeaks

An interesting article from the Korea Observer, an English-language newspaper in Korea. The piece on Boeing's sexual lobbying scandal is now the talk of the town in Korea. Boeing was the final bidder in Korea's biggest-ever fighter jet acquisition deal. Now it is keeping silent over its possible sale of F15 Silent Eagle.

http://www.koreaobserver.com/why-boeing-deserves-to-lose-6604/

Why Boeing deserves to be eliminated in FX-III

By Lee Tae-hoon

Boeing is the only company I know of as a former defense correspondent that offered journalists free business-class plane tickets and free passes to a luxurious strip club in the United States.

The U.S. aerospace giant was also the only company that warned me not to publish articles such as Boeing’s F-15K jets fly blind to enemy attack and Boeing backtracks on stealthy jet offer.

I still vividly recall a reporter and good friend of mine, pleading me to go back to our fancy Boeing-sponsored hotel rooms in Mesa, Arizona, when we were brought to a cabaret with topless girls.

Let me see, Boeing entertains Korean Businessmen in clubs, the businessmen accept and are “entertained”, yet Boeing is at fault?
I have spent time in Korea and Japan. It is routine (or it used to be in the near past) for Asian Businessmen to entertain themselves and other businessmen and guest in clubs. I have received some of this entertainment which puts anything one would find in a US Strip club to shame.
So I don’t understand why this practice is so objectionable to this reporter - unless, maybe, he was not invited?

So Korean men don't like strip clubs? When did this start? Anyway, let Korea buy Chinese MIGs , make it fairer for the North. Or, we could sell the F15's to the North, really make things interesting, Dennis Rodman could get the commission.

Back