Boeing to stop C-17 Globemaster production

Boeing said it has enough orders to continue production through the middle of 2009.

I don't think that this will be an issue. This is a play by Boeing telling the Congress to get off its 4th point of contact and order more planes. This program will continue.

Team Infidel said:
Boeing said it has enough orders to continue production through the middle of 2009.

I don't think that this will be an issue. This is a play by Boeing telling the Congress to get off its 4th point of contact and order more planes. This program will continue.

Right but did you notice lead times of 34 months.... A delay would def cost millions or more....

I myself am in the construction industry and lead times play a huge part in budgets and scheduling...It def can add a huge amount of money to a project if not handled properly...

Yeah you are right though thing is if they do start shutting down the supply lines it will take longer and cost more to get them back up and running...

I am sure that supply lines for parts are going to suffer, but remember that the maintenance contract for this system has got to be HUGE.... It may slow down, but it won't stop.

Back