BMT-72 Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle - Page 2

--

July 4th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
all chinies stuff is copys of russian vechicles and some of them are very bad,,

The key of the above claim is the word "ALL"

These are all Chinese home made vehicles too, do you have similar vehicles in Russia

Beijing Jeep Type 212 Upgrated:

"Hummer" of DongFeng Automobile:

Beijing Jeep Type 212:
July 4th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
all chinies stuff is copys of russian vechicles and some of them are very bad,,
So what? Russians copied first Germans with StG, than US with almost anything......
July 4th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

And these are also Chinese home designed and produced vehicles to be sold in USA soon

--
July 4th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

What da HELL?! That thing looks just like................... HUMMER?!
And to be sold in US? This is very confuseing..................
July 4th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Yuppie only the civilian cars are going to USA soon.

That military jeep indeed similar to HUMMER

But this Chinese next generation military jeep does not look like Hummer more, designed and produced by Beijing Automobile Company:

New Concept Jeep:

Beijing Jeep Type 2020:
And this one is currently the main battle jeep in Chinese army:
July 4th, 2004  
Doc.S

Cool Jeeps there! 8)

FlyingFrog Is that a Zhanshen jeep?

the Jeep with soldiers looks like its armed with Hong Qian 7 surface to air missiles? Or is that HJ-8E ATGMs? The machine gun 12.7mm W-85?

A lot of firepower on that Jeep - Something to have when you are going to the supermarket when itīs sell off!

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 4th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Oh DOC, I think after a while I could be a "dead froggie" because of the shocking surprise from you, you konw TOO MUCH about the Chinese stuff

While, one jeep is the Beijing 2020 Type, it costs about 10,000 to 20,000 USD, but many people just buy retired military jeeps which cost sometimes only 500 USD if you have good relations with the army
The concept jeep is called Yong3Shi4 (BraveSoldier) I think.

I don't know ZhanShen, I don't know, I really do NOT know

I am just a newbie really I promise

Well, another Chinese home made military jeep, not really a jeep, but a speedy forward charging vehicle

Chinese "Hummer" made by DongFeng(East Wind) Auto Comp

July 4th, 2004  
Doc.S

Well I can tell you FlyingFrog and all the others about the secrets of my "knowledge".... 8 years of looking around news articles, homepages, and the library after foreign armour and equipment. I problably donīt know anything of importance of my own armys equipment more then the basics. I find it not to interesting. Well there are some BMP-1s there and the PBV vehicle and then there is the German equipment. With 200 operativ tanks and a army that only cuts down all the time, isnīt to interesting to follow up. So I turn my eyes out in the great world.

The designs and the fast built up and the third generation vehicles and tanks are so much more interesting. Some people in sweden like to be in their gardens poking around, some people just hang at the malls. And some people play videogames. But I... Well I just play SPMBT and talk with people around the world to calm my burning interest of foreign tanks. And then we have the TV where they sometimes shows a battlefield and I can pin point that burning or shooting vehicle with very little marginal.

A war is so much more interesting when you know what they are showing. But my main interest is in this hobby of mine - Playing SPMBT and I am always using the foregin countries when I am playing. Sometimes there are something new that they havent screamed around on all channels and all Janes defense homepages. I am there to take up the issue and try to get a better army out of the Chinese and the Russian or Ukraines in the game. The western stuff. Well letīs say It isnīt half as interesting as the foreign stuff.

And I donīt realy know how I can get use of this "knowledge" of mine more then if I got an steddy job and a big table where I could put togheter some models of these tanks I work to hard to find something about. But my wife donīt complain. She is always looking after astronomy things around the planet and in the galaxy. Well I got my tanks

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 5th, 2004  
Doc.S

One more small article about the BMT-72 Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle

Link:

http://www.jedsite.info/tanks/tango-...t72-intro.html

Cheers:
Doc.S

[/code]