BMP-1

OutcastHuman

My neighbor just bought a BMP-1 from a website and It finally came. The thing is awesome, came in almost perfect condition. It also came with a full armament and he's buying blank shells for it. He let me drive the thing but I did have some trouble learning it. He's an aspiring tank collector and finally got his first vehicle. If anyone knows any reenactments in the Midwest of the US if you could give me the links.

I once saw a mixed epoch battle reenactment.

Side A was about 20 Galic/Germanic warriors from about 400 AD vs.
Side B which was 2 guys in US Doughboy uniforms manning a WWI Lewis Machine Gun.

The result was as you can guess. Was pretty funny though...

Canadian Sergeant said:
it would be interesting
I wonder how the South would react to a tank driving around the battle field???!?

I wonder how they'd react to a Russian APC driving around anywhere.:sniper:

I saw a great deal of broken nuclear submarines and destroyers at Vladivostok.
They thought it was natural to sell an old weapon to make money.

I would love to have an armoured car but petrol prices are getting quite silly down under!!!
Damn shame that. My wife would probably have a fit as well!!!

Your friend should get a Hollywood agent, and try to rent the BMP to film projects. Just imagine how many terrorist/Iraq war movies will be made soon. How much for a good T-72M1 and a BRDM-2 scout car? Oh what the heck, how about a ZSU-23-4 or a 2S0-122??

I WANT TO WIN THE LOTTERY!!!

If I was buying military stuff with a rich man budget I'd probably get one of those Yak-141 "Freestyle" VTOL fighters from Russia without weapons and just use it to fly to work everyday.

I have been checking out several dealers of BMP-1 in the U.K. Sounds like your neighbor had a good experience. Can you find out who he bought from, web site and maybe the vehicle cost and shipping costs? If there is any other good or bad experiences in purchasing a BMP-1, I'd like to know. Thanks!

Back