--

February 7th, 2007  
Team Infidel

thanks.
February 7th, 2007  
jequirity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
How's it playing out with the average Brit on the street ?
I've heard things like "Not again!" and "Why the buggery can't the ******s reconize our vehicles?!" but really everyone understands that there are tough calls in war and considering the scale of the operations in iraq its surprising that there havn't been anymore blue on blues.

We must also remember that there will have been lots of times when american pilots have made the right tough call and coalition deaths have been averted but you won't hear much of this from the media.

So i gotta congratulate the fine work that the vast majority of the american airforce have performed already and the diffficult situations that have arisen but have been dealt with effectively. I also have complete sympathy with the pilots that made the error but most of my sympathy lies with the grieving families.

On the other hand I do not like the way the US refused to provide the relevant evidence, the only criticism that could be aimed at this accident should be aimed at this particular area. Its not on and this is not how you treat your allies
February 7th, 2007  
Wallabies

What was the air controller doing? Being lazy? There is a big difference between friendlies not supposed to be in the area and actually bloody checking via direct contact even if he had to go through a few stations.
--
February 7th, 2007  
phoenix80

From what I saw, pilots weren't really responsible. They were told there is no friendlies in the area.
February 8th, 2007  
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jequirity
On the other hand I do not like the way the US refused to provide the relevant evidence, the only criticism that could be aimed at this accident should be aimed at this particular area. Its not on and this is not how you treat your allies
Accidents are forgivable but the coverup of evidence makes it worse I agree
February 10th, 2007  
bulldogg

I'm quite sure it was a decision that involved the tape being reviewed for hours on end until everyone was satisfied that the pilots had done nothing wrong and then the tape was "safe". Just my guess having dealt with things like this in the corporate world once or twice.

Day one...
Widgets Inc Spokesman to the public... "We have no data on the effects of X."

Day thirty-one...
Over-paid corporate attorney team to board of Widgets Inc... "Your company's data shows no link between (insert terrible thing someone would sue over) and X."

Day thirty-two...
Widgets Inc Spokesman to the public... "The recently uncovered data shows X is safe. Come read for yourself we have nothing to hide."