Bloody Israeli raid on flotilla sparks crisis

karikatur3.jpg

Should that ever happen, the World Courts are going to be busy for a long, lonnnng time.

I see that German Jews are lining up to take part in a blockade run. It would seem that the humanitarian aims for which Judaism has always been noted are at last starting to assert themselves against the Zionist murderers.

• Published 16:55 14.06.10
  • Latest update 16:55 14.06.10
  • Haaretz.
German Jews 'inundated' with requests to join new Gaza aid flotilla

Jewish Voices for a Just Peace seeks second vessel, as dozens more activists ask to take part in aid mission.

By DPA Tags: Jewish world Israel news
An association of German Jews planning to send a boat with humanitarian aid to break the Gaza blockade is searching for a second vessel, given the high number of requests to travel with the group. More.....

Last edited:
There is something ironic about German Jews sending aid to Palestinians.

The problem is that the only way this blockade is going to be removed is through violence, just having a bunch of ships turning themselves over to the Israelis at sea is not doing anything toward having it removed.

I think the bullet through the foot is a fairly apt description.

Last edited:
It is simply another way of drawing the world's attention to what is going on in Palestine.

If any other country in the world had committed a fraction of the Crimes Against Humanity that Israel has, there would have been International uproar and action undertaken, similar to that in the Balkans not so long ago. But it's hard to raise support when they are actively supported by "the World's policeman".

Yes but the world only got involved in the Balkans when the problem became to big to ignore, just sailing up and turning over ship loads of aid to the Israeli's is not doing anything.

Like it or not the only way the International community will step up to the plate here is with the deaths of more protesters, the only way through the blockade is to force Israel into a position where it no longer has a choice but remove it or face its own sanctions.

Last edited:
This problem has been too big to ignore for 60 odd years, but the world was just recovering from WWII when it first raised it's ugly head, then the cold war was the focus of people's attention,... all this time the problem has festered, slowly getting worse, now hopefully, it's time that something was done about it.

The flotillas are demonstrating very successfully that the Israelis have absolutely no regard whatsoever for International Conventions on Warfare or Crimes against Humanity. By enlightening people and continually confronting them with the evidence of this callous disregard, hopefully it will lead to better outcomes and more people will get off their bums and complain to their MPs, Senators etc.

Similar plans ideas worked in the past.

Last edited:
Introducing a little sanity here:-

Colonel Richard Kemp, CBE, served in the British Army from 1977 - 2006. He was Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan, [1] an infantry battalion Commanding Officer, worked for the Joint Intelligence Committee and COBR and completed 14 operational tours of duty around the globe.
“I think – I would say that from my knowledge of the IDF and from the extent to which I have been following the current operation, I don’t think there has ever been a time in the history of warfare when any army has made more efforts to reduce civilian casualties and deaths of innocent people than the IDF is doing today in Gaza

COLONEL RICHARD KEMP CBE .( Ex-Commander British Forces in Afghanistan.):-

General Stanley McChrystal, the new US commander of forces in Afghanistan, has said the reduction of unnecessary civilian casualties is one of his top priorities. It should be. That is also a high priority of British commanders in Afghanistan.
I have personally witnessed the efforts that American forces have been making for years in Iraq and Afghanistan to minimise civilian deaths. These have been impressive but of course they have not always worked in either of our armies.
In some cases because of the factors I have mentioned imperfect intelligence, technological failure, poor communications, the fog of war.
There is also another factor that we shouldn't forget. There will always be bad soldiers who deliberately or through incompetence go against orders. We have seen this in the British Army and among the Americans, in well-publicised cases in Iraq and elsewhere.
I have spoken of the considerable British and American efforts to operate within the laws of war and to reduce unnecessary civilian casualties. But what of the Israeli Defence Forces? The IDF face all the challenges that I have spoken about, and more. Not only was Hamas's military capability deliberately positioned behind the human shield of the civilian population and not only did Hamas employ the range of insurgent tactics I talked through earlier. They also ordered, forced when necessary, men, women and children , from their own population to stay put in places they knew were about to be attacked by the IDF. Fighting an enemy that is deliberately trying to sacrifice their own people. Deliberately trying to lure you in to killing their own innocent civilians.
And Hamas, like Hizballah, are also highly expert at driving the media agenda. They will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes. They are adept at staging and distorting incidents.
Their people often have no option than to go along with the charades in front of the world's media that Hamas so frequently demand, often on pain of death.
What is the other challenge faced by the IDF that we British do not have to face to the same extent?
It is the automatic, pavlovian presumption by many in the international media, and international human rights groups, that the IDF are in the wrong, that they are abusing human rights.
So what did the IDF do in Gaza to meet their obligation to operate within the laws of war? When possible the IDF gave at least four hours' notice to civilians to leave areas targeted for attack.
Attack helicopter pilots, tasked with destroying Hamas mobile weapons platforms, had total discretion to abort a strike if there was too great a risk of civilian casualties in the area. Many missions that could have taken out Hamas military capability were cancelled because of this.
During the conflict, the IDF allowed huge amounts of humanitarian aid into Gaza. This sort of task is regarded by military tacticians as risky and dangerous at the best of times. To mount such operations, to deliver aid virtually into your enemy's hands, is to the military tactician, normally quite unthinkable.
But the IDF took on those risks.
In the latter stages of Cast Lead the IDF unilaterally announced a daily three-hour cease fire. The IDF dropped over 900,000 leaflets warning the population of impending attacks to allow them to leave designated areas. A complete air squadron was dedicated to this task alone.
Leaflets also urged the people to phone in information to pinpoint Hamas fighters vital intelligence that could save innocent lives.
The IDF phoned over 30,000 Palestinian households in Gaza, urging them in Arabic to leave homes where Hamas might have stashed weapons or be preparing to fight. Similar messages were passed in Arabic on Israeli radio broadcasts warning the civilian population of forthcoming operations.
Despite Israel's extraordinary measures, of course innocent civilians were killed and wounded. That was due to the frictions of war that I have spoken about, and even more was an inevitable consequence of Hamas' way of fighting.
By taking these actions and many other significant measures during Operation Cast Lead the IDF did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other Army in the history of warfare.
But the IDF still did not win the war of opinions - especially in Europe. The lessons from this campaign apply to the British and American armies and to other Western forces as well as to the IDF.
We are in the era of information warfare. The kind of tactics used by Hamas and Hizballah and by the Taliban and Jaish al Mahdi work well for them.

(Cue "The Carousel Waltz") We have covered the reasons showing this to be all hogwash earlier.

This rather naive and stupidly simplistic argument fails miserably in view of the large amount of contradictory audio and video evidence that flowed out of Gaza from all of the Humanitarian aid agencies and also private individuals from several outside nations.

Even the Israelis know that they have committed War Crimes in this regard.

A Travel advisory has been issued following Israel's concern that international arrest warrants may be issued against officers who were involved in the Israeli offensive in Gaza, on charges of war crimes.
Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3658823,00.html

AUSTRALIAN SENATOR KEEPS IT REAL. - PART 1.

Victorian Liberal Senator Scott Ryan last night told the Australian Senate that there was “a highly orchestrated media campaign to vilify Israel” in the wake of the Gaza Flotilla Incident.

“Several weeks ago we were informed that Israel had allegedly outrageously intervened to stop a so-called peace flo- tilla, with commandos launching themselves at a peaceful armada seeking nothing more than to take humanitarian aid to Gaza. Excuse me if I was a little cynical when I first heard the news, for despite days of a highly orchestrated media campaign to vilify Israel and her defence forces, the truth subsequently came out. These were not peace activists; they were agents of provocation, radicals seeking a violent confrontation as they broke the legal maritime blockade of Gaza. I did not realise that peace activists were so well armed, in this case, with knives, chains, firearms, molotov cocktails and pepper spray. By viciously attacking the soldiers, they quickly betrayed their true agenda with their anti-Semitic cries, as they did by their refusal to cooperate with the UN, Israeli or Egyptian authorities, who could have facilitated the entry of the humanitarian materials to Gaza. This was no peace flotilla; it was part of an orchestrated campaign to vilify the state of Israel for doing nothing more than would be expected of us in this place: to protect her own citizens.
The blockade of Gaza is well founded in law, but it is also well founded in the entirely legitimate need for a state and government to take reasonable action to protect its citizens—for Gaza under Hamas cannot be treated as if it or they were a reasonable neighbour, and in no way can it be considered a partner for peace. This blockade has been undertaken to prevent terrorist at- tacks on Israeli civilians, no matter their race or creed. For some reason, certain people, NGO’s and so called human rights organisations expect Israel to tolerate a much higher level of violence than in Manhattan, Melbourne or Manchester.
To those who do not understand what Hamas does to the innocent civilians of Israel, I urge you to go to Sderot. Look at the remains of the rockets that have been fired from Gaza into that neighbourhood by Hamas—intentionally fired from amongst civilians in Gaza so as to make detection and prevention more difficult. Visit the children’s playgrounds in Sderot that are made from reinforced concrete. Bomb shelters are painted as coloured snakes in lieu of a playground, as children need to be within seconds of safety as the sirens blare ‘code red’ as another rocket is launched. Speak to the mothers of the children to whom the word ‘red’ provokes fear because of these sirens and amongst whom mental illness—particularly anxiety, stress and depression-related disorders—are at un- precedented levels. Go and look at the schools which have concrete slabs above their roofs in an attempt to limit the carnage caused by terrorists firing rockets from only a kilometre away, to whom a school is noth- ing more than a target. This is the situation for Israeli towns along the border with Gaza.

And why is it that we do not hear of the brutal rule of Hamas and what its clear and stated agenda is? It cannot be through innocence; it can only be through ignorance. Hamas does not seek to hide its agenda, at least on its home turf. The truth is that Israel had allowed elections in Gaza. The corrupt Palestinian Authority lost to the terrorist organisation Hamas. The electoral attitude of Hamas can be best summed up as ‘One man, one vote, once,’ for elections are not regular. And pity those who might attempt to compete with them anyway, as thuggery and violence rule, rather than the ballot box.
Despite a lack of coverage of the reality of Hamas, we should be in no doubt as to what it is. It is a terrorist organisation, dedicated to the use of violence against innocent civilians to achieve its objective. In this case its objective is nothing less than the elimination of the Jewish state and of Jews in their homeland. Across Israel, Hamas has killed thousands, Jewish and Muslim alike. Shrapnel from terrorists does not discriminate. For this reason, Israel blockades the rogue state that is Gaza—but so does Egypt. Contrary to the perception created by some reports, this blockade does not pro- hibit the entry of food and medicines. It merely ensures that the materials going into Gaza are not diverted into the tools of violence and terror.

So what was the real agenda of this alleged peace flotilla? It was part of the campaign to delegitimise Israel in the West. It was intentionally aimed at weak- ening the historic friendship between many nations of the West and the only liberal democratic state in the Middle East. Over the past decade, a campaign of vili- fication against Israel has been undertaken by elements of the left in the West. Using NGOs, an occasionally ignorant media and a lack of understanding in the West of the existential threat faced by Israel, they have joined with other groups, including violent Islamic groups in the Middle East who seek to destroy Israel. The incidence of academic boycotts and the use of terms such as ‘apartheid’ are all an attempt to achieve through factual manipulation what the enemies of Is- rael have not been able to achieve through other means. It could not be achieved by three wars and it could not be achieved by an unprecedented terror campaign against civilians, so now these organisations seek to weaken Israel by demonising and delegitimising it, weakening its alliance with other nations to diplomatically cripple and hopefully destroy it. This was merely the latest media stunt in that campaign.
For those who doubt the intensity of the hatred of Is- rael and its people, have a look at what is on some of the television stations in its neighbourhood. I have seen a dramatic serialisation of that historic slur The Protocols of the Elders of Zion being broadcast on television as if it were a mini-series we would see on our own TV screens, and the portrayal of a Disney-like children’s character being killed by Jews on a children’s program. And, of course, there is the constant denial of the reality of the Holocaust.
These are just some of the examples of horrific anti- Semitism fed to millions of people via their TV screens, endorsed or tolerated by Israel’s Arab neighbour states. And while Hamas is of immediate interest with its control of Gaza, it is far from the only offender in creating and furthering racial hatred. The Palestinian Authority has maps on its walls that do not recognise the state of Israel. I have seen them. The schoolbooks the Palestinian Authority distributes to schools contain no reference to Israel or the three wars that were started against it. They have even named and funded a soccer tournament after a prominent suicide bomber. Israel and its citizens, including Muslim Arabs, do not live in the same world we do; they live in a world where their neighbours seek their violent destruction. No government is perfect. No state is perfect. But that does not mean one abandons those simply in need of security. In this case, it is the people of Israel who have that need—the need for no more than what we expect in Australia.

Victorian Liberal Senator Scott Ryan last night told the Australian Senate that there was “a highly orchestrated media campaign to vilify Israel” in the wake of the Gaza Flotilla Incident.

Of course it was, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out but the simple reality is that the flotilla did not vilify Israel, Israel did that all on its own through its actions in this case.
It is like saying that the Nazi's were not responsible for the holocaust because the Jews were because they showed up at the concentration camps thus provoking them into a reaction.

As for the rest of the article it is the selective facts argument that permeates the region "Palestinians don't recognise Israel therefore Palestinians are wrong" well heres the thing Palestinians don't recognise Israel because Palestinians believe that the land Israel is on is their land, it is that simple and before people waffling on about biblical prophecy even if we were to accept this fairy tale the simple reality is that the crowd that showed up after 1945 have no relationship to the crowd that got high and saw "god" 3000 years ago.

However lets see I am not sure I read anywhere in there that Scott Ryan had ever been to Gaza so lets see what a neutral group that is operating in region has to say...

ICRC says Israel's Gaza blockade breaks law
Page last updated at 04:01 GMT, Monday, 14 June 2010 05:01 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version
By Imogen Foulkes
BBC News, Geneva
The ICRC paints a bleak picture of conditions in Gaza
Israel's blockade of Gaza is a clear violation of international humanitarian law, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has said.

In a statement, the ICRC describes the situation in Gaza as dire, saying the only sustainable solution is a lifting of the blockade.

It says Israel is punishing the whole civilian population of Gaza.

It also urges Hamas movement to allow ICRC delegates to visit a detained Israel soldier Gilad Shalit.

Key message
The ICRC, a traditionally neutral organisation, paints a bleak picture of conditions in Gaza: hospitals short of equipment, power cuts lasting hours each day, drinking water unfit for consumption.

"The whole of Gaza's civilian population is being punished for acts for which they bear no responsibility. The closure therefore constitutes a collective punishment imposed in clear violation of Israel's obligations under international humanitarian law," the agency said in the statement.

And the ICRC blames differences between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority for some of Gaza's shortages.

But the key message from the body which rarely publicly criticises governments is that Israel's blockade of Gaza must be lifted.

That message is yet another indication of growing international concern over conditions in Gaza - just last week US President Barack Obama called the situation there unsustainable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/middle_east/10306193.stm

Now I have no doubt that Benjamin Completeyahu can paint the Red Cross as a terrorist organisation but can you?

Last edited:
The bottom line is for long Israel has grown accustomed to being above the law, they believe that because of the holocaust they are entitled to other's land, that they can basically destroy, kill, maim, and occupy who ever they please and that the world needs to just accept it

i hate to join in this eufhoria ..... but simple messages ... the radical not even constitute 1% of an indonesian populations , but with this occured event the numbers are growing .... when the number reach 1% .... out of 230 million + another country . just do the math ....
trust me , we never bow to anyone before ...

why can we just solve it with the clear mind n end this cycle of hatred.....
don't be too greedy , just bite what you can chew ..... killing all the radicals simply don't solve the problem .... trust me ..... we been trough this ....

may peace be upon you.... brotha

Last edited:
I agree.
Indonesians by in large do not buy into this radicalized version of Islam and if it gets to a point where Indonesians start to buy into it, I think WE are royally screwing up. If we can't convince Indonesians that being modern and moderate is beneficial, I doubt we'll succeed with anyone.

Back