Blood Diamonds

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
I hate Leonardo DiCaprio... BUT this movie is quite friggin good. He sounds just like me mate from Elizabethtown, SA... a great portrait of T.I.A, blood diamonds, child soldiers... It get two nuts on the Bulldogg review.
:cheers:

I've jsut seen it myself, and I agree with you that it was a great movie
And I must also add that I'm quite impressed by the "new" Leonardo Dicaprio as well.
He was actually quite good in Blood Diamond and in his last movie The Departed..
A new "action hero"??? :lol:

I've jsut seen it myself, and I agree with you that it was a great movie
And I must also add that I'm quite impressed by the "new" Leonardo Dicaprio as well.
He was actually quite good in Blood Diamond and in his last movie The Departed as well..
A new "action hero"??? :lol:

I agree on both counts, never really liked Dicaprio until I saw these two movies, seems like he is ditching the "pretty boy" look that he used in Titanic and seemingly every other movie he was in and is going for more of a modern day action hero, which is good because we need someone to replace Captain America.

I LOVED this movie, its definitely a part of my top 5 favorite movies. What an awesome story line....I liked how they didn't make it too "Hollywood". I also haven't been a fan of Leo in the past, but he pulls this movie off rather well....I'm suprised how well he nailed the African accent

I'm still skeptical of DiCaprio as an action hero, unfortunately. I'll have to wait for Starz to carry it.

I seem to be the only one here that didn´t like this movie.

Why?
Once again Hoolyweed takes a serious as **** topic and brushes over it like it´s Friday night entertainment.

Ask anyone who have actually seen a childsoldier if a hug from daddy ever turned him around and made him see the light.

I call bollocks on this crap.
Not even gradable in my book..

//KJ.

To me the message didn't seem to be about how bad "child soldiers" are but how corrupt the whole diamond mining process is in those countries, the child soldiers was but one aspect and I think it was more about opening our eyes to some of the things we are contributing to by continuing to buy these diamonds than the child soldier aspect.

To me the message didn't seem to be about how bad "child soldiers" are but how corrupt the whole diamond mining process is in those countries, the child soldiers was but one aspect and I think it was more about opening our eyes to some of the things we are contributing to by continuing to buy these diamonds than the child soldier aspect.

Ok so let me rephrase.

What if anything did you learn about what you are contributing to by continuing to buy conflict diamonds?

Did you LEARN anything from the sidestory that took up atleast 25-30% of the film?

I submit that if you didn´t know child soldiers existed before watching this film you are not only incredibly naive, you didn´t learn **** about it by watching this film.

Once again.
IMO, If you think it´s worth putting it in the movie it´s worth the effort to do it right.
No effort was made.....At all.

//KJ.

Gotta say it KJ, I hadn't thought about the hug thing... and you're right. So I'd have to revise it to "Hollywood finally has broached the subject". BUT it is very Hollywood as is to be expected.

Back