Blessed morn a' fowk.

NP8901

Banned
Hello friends.

Malcolm is my name.
I was a Royal Marines Commando from 1979 to 2005. Retired as a Colour Sergeant.

Looks forward to some cozy chat with you all here.

Welcome from an ex monkey. We have another of your cabbage headed brethren frequent the forum. Dive in and enjoy the banter. ;)

Thanks all for your welcome.
Well! My experience tells me that when a Marine officer has reached the rank of Captain, then all hope is lost. ;)

Well! My experience tells me that when a Marine officer has reached the rank of Captain, then all hope is lost. ;)
Welcome Colour, and perhaps the Colour Sergeant will elaborate that! ;-)

NP8901 - Are we talking The Falklands?

Greetings and welcome...

What does a colour sergeant do in the Paras?

An ill informed civilian wishes to know....

And by the way, with regards to the good captain, what he needs for Christmas are a set of thermal underwear...

Welcome Colour, and perhaps the Colour Sergeant will elaborate that! ;-)

NP8901 - Are we talking The Falklands?
Thanks for the welcome Sir.
Well Sir, What I meant was that all hope for this NCO to learn you more is gone. You have reached the peak of wisdom Sir. :smil:

Yes Sir. I was part of the team that engaged the Argentine frigate Guerrico.

Is that where the Paras thought they were top dogs? :D :biggun:
They still think that no matter what they do.

Welcome to the forums. I've got an Uncle whose currently a Colour Sergeant in HM Royal Marines Band.

Once again, welcome.

Thanks for the welcome Sir.
Well Sir, What I meant was that all hope for this NCO to learn you more is gone. You have reached the peak of wisdom Sir. :smil:

Yes Sir. I was part of the team that engaged the Argentine frigate Guerrico.

They still think that no matter what they do.

I was watching a documentary on the Falklands war. That was quite an adventure the British forces went through (an understatement, of course).

I would like to hear more about that someday from you, Colour Sgt..., if I may.

What does a colour sergeant do in the Paras?
In the Paras the rank is Staff Sergeant. In the Marines Colour Sergeant. The rank is equivalent to the U.S. army rank of Sergeant First Class (E7) Staff / Colour Sergeant are usually the Company Quartermaster Sergeant.

I spent 4 months at Mount Pleasant 9 years after the war. I was still in school in 1982. ;)
Hope you enjoyed the nature there. For a Scotty its just like home.

Don't say that, he'll get idea's above his station.:mrgreen:
Sorry but old loyalty is hard to forget. :-D
I have great respect for our officers. There are highly professionals but on the other hand, I´ve also trained a lot of them. ;)

You have my utmost respect Colour.
Thanks mate. All in a day's work.
But I think we showed them that Britannia still rules the waves.

Welcome to the forums. I've got an Uncle whose currently a Colour Sergeant in HM Royal Marines Band.

Once again, welcome.
You know, to march behind one of our bands always makes me proud. They are IMHO the best military bands in the world.

I was watching a documentary on the Falklands war. That was quite an adventure the British forces went through (an understatement, of course).

I would like to hear more about that someday from you, Colour Sgt..., if I may.
Fire away.

First you shoot down a helicopter, then you defeats a warship with AT and small arms fire. Yeah, sure sounds like a day's work for an RM. :wink:

All in the corps have great respect for your performance that day.
Well done. :thumb::pray:

In the Paras the rank is Staff Sergeant. In the Marines Colour Sergeant.

In the Paras, they also have Colour Sergeants. In the army, usually, infantry regiments have Colour Sergeants. The rank in days gone by came from the role they performed. They were responsible for the safety of the regiment battle colours which were displayed as the regiment marched into battle. Teeth arms such as RMP, RE, R Signals etc have Staff Sergeants. ;)

Sorry but old loyalty is hard to forget. :-D
I have great respect for our officers. There are highly professionals but on the other hand, I´ve also trained a lot of them. ;)

That's why Ruperts are so good, NCO's trained them:D

Thanks mate. All in a day's work.
But I think we showed them that Britannia still rules the waves.

You showed them that Brits are not push over's.

Back