Blended metal bullets - pierce armor, explodes inside person

LSBeene

Pretty nifty stuff.

Will go THROUGH armor, and after that, when it enters the warm gelatinous fluid (us humans) it explodes. And no explosives are involved.

Pretty nifty.

Link to article

Enjoy

Steven

Holy jumping grapefruit batman!!!!!!!!! Shot in the buttocks and die instantly??? Is there a point to even whering body armor at that point? if it just pierces anyway... I wonder how exactly it works.

I saw a round that was either this, or a close cousin to this shot, on the History Channel. I was amazed at how they would shoot through an inch of steel and it would "explode" inside of the meat behind it. And when they shot it into straight meat the thing jumped up 2 ft. in the air from the impace of the shot.

I have no doubt such a round would be devestating to a human. I just thought they where too difficult for the army to produce.

that was the show I saw too.

I've know about this for about 5 months.

I saw (this part is funny) the original argument on Military.com. The guy (who shot) was talking about what happened. And this dude threatened him and he was all hot. And the first guy told him to F*ck off.

I wasn't sure I could post about it until now (am an Army grunt)

Steven

P.S. I write articles concerning gender issues, PCism, and even have (as a private citizen!) lobbied in Congress (15-17 Jul 05) on certain issues.

Be well bro's.

In all things courage.

It is unlikely that international law would ever allow such a round to be used by the world's armed forced.

This whole idea of a "humane" way to kill really bothers me.

How many have died trying to save mortally wounded troops that would have simply died more quickly from a more "deadly" round?

How many have died because the FMJ round they fired at the enemy failed to stop them until after thay returned fire?

Doesn't sound very "humane" to me.

You know what they say: "Better them than us." Besides war was never humane, and enemies that we face today follow no rules. They should know whats coming for them.

Really, the US armed forces only gives facetime to international law. I'm sure international law would be a little against what we did/are doing to the highest ranking al-quaida members. While we release the low legel guys and let the red cross come and inspect the lts. and such, notice the media never sees the #2 and #3 guys again after they've been captured. I have a feeling they never will.

Anyway that was a little long way of saying if it saves our boys we're going to use it.

pfcem said:
It is unlikely that international law would ever allow such a round to be used by the world's armed forced.

This whole idea of a "humane" way to kill really bothers me.

Think about it. What is a 'humane' killing? Euthenasia is probably the only thing that could be argued(though not necessarily proved) to be 'humane'.
If you are referring to the method in which you die, wouldnt dying instantly be more 'humane' (or simply less painful) than bleeding out? I think I would rather not know what hit me rather than feel my life be drained away.
How many have died trying to save mortally wounded troops that would have simply died more quickly from a more "deadly" round?

Excellent point. Hopefully, we never have a situation in which it is used against us, but I am sure that eventually it will be. It would be incredibly sad, but it may save those soldiers who would have died trying to save them if another round was used.
On the opposite side of the coin, its not like it is a decrease in casualties; just the opposite. Simply lowers your chance of survival if you do take a hit.
Weapons developed in order to save lives (reduce friendly casualties by increasing enemy) almost always seem to make their way into the hands of those who would use them for evil.

Whispering Death said:
Really, the US armed forces only gives facetime to international law. I'm sure international law would be a little against what we did/are doing to the highest ranking al-quaida members. While we release the low legel guys and let the red cross come and inspect the lts. and such, notice the media never sees the #2 and #3 guys again after they've been captured. I have a feeling they never will.

Anyway that was a little long way of saying if it saves our boys we're going to use it.

Exactly what nation in the interNATIONAL community does Al-Qaeda represent? To talk about these people in the context of international law is ludicrous. They don't reconize the laws or rights of the people of any nation.

Whispering Death said:
I saw a round that was either this, or a close cousin to this shot, on the History Channel. I was amazed at how they would shoot through an inch of steel and it would "explode" inside of the meat behind it. And when they shot it into straight meat the thing jumped up 2 ft. in the air from the impace of the shot.

I have no doubt such a round would be devestating to a human. I just thought they where too difficult for the army to produce.

Saw the same show. Pretty impressive.

Remember the ORIGINAL 5.56 M-16 round was supposed to flatten an tumble like a buzz saw. You could shoot a guy in the chest and it could bounce around in there and come out his leg, homogenizing everything in between. Now the rounds are like sticking an icepick into the guy.

The Rangers in Somalia (back in '93) complained bitterly about that.

Steven

i saw videos of these things against steel and hunks of meat.... scary.... ya know, if war was supposed to be humane...... NOBODY WOULD DIE!!! war is supposed to kill people, why do they want us to just wound people and make them bleed out before they die, and also risk our guys being killed by wounded bad guys, but we cant just use an effective weapon to keep our guys safe... they make no sense.....

Screw the convention lets use them hollowpoints Right NOW!!!!! And some blendmetal. Heck why not create a chainsaw-bayonet attachment to our m4a1s.

is this kind of ammo the one that will change shape when it shoots into a person's body?

i thought it was banned like 100 years ago something

WARmachine88 said:
is this kind of ammo the one that will change shape when it shoots into a person's body?

i thought it was banned like 100 years ago something

No that was hollow-point, this ammo will basically make you explode.

A lot of this sort of thing is over kill, these sorts of bullets are fine but would need to be in the hands of a marksman so that they can be put to the best use. To just blaze away with magazines of this stuff would be an utter waste.

man. thats crazy, imagine a sniper round with the same capabilities, even a little more high power explosive, shoot the middle one and you take all 4 out. take out a humvee. bam! one shot, 235436747kills. :sniper:

Back