Blair Proposes new Anti-Terror Measures

Good politics but it won't change anything.

There are so many avenues to obtain hateful information. eg internet

Trying to kick them out will probably turn them into greater heroes for their followers.

They should be engaged in political debate on a consistent basis to discredit their views.

Oh I disagree strongly. Nothing gets your blood racing like an impassioned speaker. There's a huge difference in reading something on the internet and being brainwashed by a hate-speaking iman weekly or even daily.

And I agree with Rosseau that you can't speak logic with fanatics. I can prove a hundred different ways that the world is much more than 6,000 years old with graphs and pretty picutres and even something flashey in the corner to hold your attention but after all that these Christians who believe the world is only 6,000 years old will tell you "it says it in my bible so that's how it is". Now if that's the result of fanaticism on something as inconsequential to our lives as how old the rock we're standing on is, I don't think you quite grasp how fanaticism about something REAL, something important, and something affecting the fanatic and everyone he knows, how that kind of fanaticism affects a person and their thinking.

Logic and reasoning are just theories that most of us happen to subscribe to, there are lots of people out there who do not.

I also go along with the "I told you so" about some of the stuff I've been writting on this forum for sometime now.

Here are some quotes from the linked article that was posted.

A British Muslim group called the Islamic Forum Europe warned the measures could jeopardize national unity in Britain.

I'll buy this up to a point. But if they are going to criticize this, makes me question were their loyalty is in the first place.

"The measures are counterproductive and will encourage more radicalization," said forum President Musleh Faradhi. "Many Muslims will perceive our prime minister as playing into the hands of the terrorists."

By deporting those that fuel radicalism, you will encourage more radicalism? How so?

So just leave them in the country to posibly stir up more fanatics? Hmmm...

He also criticized the government's plans to ban Hizb ut-Tahrir, a radical Islamic group that calls for the formation of an Islamic caliphate and is banned in several countries in Central Asia. Supporters insist it is a nonviolent group persecuted by corrupt governments.

Now you see this groups true intentions, despite all their rhetoric.

They are against banning this group that wants to have a Caliphate (a Caliphate for those of you who don't know is the great Muslim Empire). They believe the formation of this empire as a stepping stone for world domination & conquest.

They are saying this group is non-violent, but somehow they just want to conquer the world (anyone want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?). What if we don't want to be conquered what then, they will leave us alone, ...yeah sure.

Thats the problem with these people, they say one thing but they mean another. They may not support the terrorist directly, but the reality is, alot of them are for bringing the countries they live in (such as Britain) under total Islamic domination, which they believe someday will happen. Some of these are more radical in how to make it happen but most of them are all working towards the same goal.

These Laws are all ready there, it just that they are being repackaged. How many times have we seen a new raft of measure trotted out for the press that have already been brought in at different times. The only thing is they are brought in under a different heading so that they are encompassed under a specific heading.

But you guys HAVEN'T been deporting these guys. Here in the states we just gave an iman a life sentence for saying the same kind of crap that the imans in England have been spouting out while hiding under "free speach".

I mean, it's one of those things where even if he wasn't breaking any specific laws on speach we would have investigated him so fully that he would be in jail on something.

Britain like America the courts often have the last say, if it was up to the people or the politicians then they would be deported, this is one thing that Blair said that he would have a look at. Before you get on your high horse about our slowness to deport people to America, you must remember the shelter many of your courts gave to the murdering IRA terrorist.

The problem is that blair introduced the human rights laws in accordance with the other EU countries. But unlike the other EU countries such as france we have allowed the human rights laws to overule our national laws. THis to me is a HUGE problem as it allows the imans to stay as according to human rights we cannot deport them, wheras our national laws would allow them to be deported. France intoduced the same human rights laws and still deports imans as the courts place french laws above human rights laws.
Just to show how the courts have placed human rights laws above national laws, at the same time blair was giving the speech about the new laws in malaysia cherie blair, his wife was saying the complete opposite how we should give terrorists the same rights and priviledges as normal british people!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sickens me that we cannot defend our people due to the labour government!

Worring thing is he managed to get out of the country without anyone realiseing.

As for him being charged with treason, as he isn't a British citezen, i don't think that would have worked anyway. Lets just hope he dosn't manage to slip back in as easy as he sliped out.

Back