A Blade for Forest Exploration

zander_0633 said:
Ok the problem of importing has been solved! So now back to the knives! Do I buy a knive made from Stainless steel or a Carbon steel one? Which is better?
Any special brands to reccomend?
My favourite is the Blackhawk xsf-1 (carbon steel) with partial serration.
Apparently they do one in titanium as well although I've never seen one.

Thanks Guys! I was just looking for a 18 inch or bigger Machete! btw, the black powdeed coating, wad does it do? or is it there just for viewing purpose?

Last edited:
moz-screenshot.jpg
25-XSF-1_3.jpg

I think this is the Beshara XSF-1 ! I was looking for a Machete! Not a dagger! Any way! thanks! This blade has a unique blade tip!
24780.jpg

This is the Woodman's Pal Premium Plus Condura Shealth & Hoing Stone. Is this the one you are talking about Missileer?
24779.jpg

Or is it this one? Woodman's Pal Classic Plus Condura Shealth & hoing stone?
24781.jpg

Or is it this one?
Woodman's Pal Long Reach, Wood Handle & Cordura Sheath

Have found what you need.
The Extrema Ratio Kl.
Sorry dont have any links but it is a cobalt steel Kukri (more like a giant sirupati cross golok if you ask me) designed for jungle expedition.
If you send me a postal address or PO box no. by Pm i'll post you the info i've got as the web site is not completed yet.

Since most of the better machetes are stainless steel, the powder black coating is for stealth so that a shiny blade won't give a soldiers position away in wartime. I would prefer a serated or sawback for larger limbs.

sven hassell said:
Have found what you need.
The Extrema Ratio Kl.
Sorry dont have any links but it is a cobalt steel Kukri (more like a giant sirupati cross golok if you ask me) designed for jungle expedition.
If you send me a postal address or PO box no. by Pm i'll post you the info i've got as the web site is not completed yet.

SO I give you my Postel Code? Singapore 180001! that's mine!

So now I can have the pics?

BTW, Missiler, thanks! Now I know why they code it in black!

zander_0633 said:
SO I give you my Postel Code? Singapore 180001! that's mine!

So now I can have the pics?

BTW, Missiler, thanks! Now I know why they code it in black!

Found some info so I dont need to send you in post.
Extrema Ratio - The Kukri (KS, KL, KH)
big_kukri.jpg

The KS, KL, & KH are a series of working blades that have been developed for thick, dense forest and jungle areas. The three blades have been individually developed for different environments and situations. The KS is a camp blade made of heavy duty steel and suited for environments where a smaller blade can help with less dense forestry or the user needs a more compact blade. Each machete is equipped with a half-ridged sheath with a shoulder belt and tactical kit. The ergonomic handle made of Forprene has been developed in conjunction with the Italian Laboratory of Motorial Sciences in Perugia, Italy.
Product SpecificationsKS Kukri
Overall Length: 14 3/4 inches
Blade Length: 9 ½ inches
Blade Thickness: ¼ inches
Weight: 16 ounces
KL Kukri
Overall Length: 18 3/4 inches
Blade Length: 13 ½ inches
Weight: 18.5 ounces
KH Kukri
Overall Length: 18 3/4 inches
Blade Length: 13 ½ inches
Weight: 20.5 ounces

Check these out!

Actually, there is a giant kukri about four feet long used in a ceremonial beheading of a water buffalo. I believe it takes place in Thailand but I'm not sure of the country.

Back