Black Hawk Down Quotes - Page 3

--

May 3rd, 2004  
C/CPO

Its definitely a good movie, well directed. I can't help but get angry when I watch it though. How our administration could treat our soldiers that way erks the mess out of me. Sorry, I'm seriously into politics. So yea, my dad refuses to watch the movie because he hates to see how his brother's in arms were treated. That's his opinion. I like the movie but I do agree that our men were treated horribly.

C/CPO
May 4th, 2004  
soilder79936

awsome quotes there
May 16th, 2004  
AFSteliga

L/Col. McKnight: Everything O.K. there, Strueker?
Sgt. Strueker: Pilla's hit, sir!
L/Col. McKnight: What's his status? What's his status!?
Sgt. Hoot: He's dead
Sgt. Strueker: He's dead. Pilla's dead, sir"

Skip ahead a few seconds

Sgt. Strueker: Get on that 50! Someone get on that 50!
Sgt. Hoot: It's mine
--
May 19th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Another BHD Quote:

Durant: Super 6-1, go to UHF Secure, I've got some bad news.
Walcott: Limo is a word, Durant. I don't want to hear about it.
Durant: Limo is not a word, it's an abbreviation of a word.
Walcott: Limo is a word in common usage. That is the key phrase, in scrabble my good friend. Common usage.
Durant: No! If it's not in the dictionary, it doens't count.
Walcott: It doesn't have to be in the dictionary!
Durant: It does have to be in the dictionary. Look, when we get back to the base, it's coming off the board.
Walcott: You touch my limo and I'll spank you Nightstalker, you hear me?
Durant: Yeah, promises.
July 1st, 2004  
juliet_oscar_india

K ya'll Black Hawk Down is my FAVORITE movie. holy crap. hmm. i could i quote it all night. but i wont. lol.

"There's a f*cking rocket in him, Sir!" -othic
"Now calm down Othic that's live ordinance!" - mcknight

"Get in the truck and drive" -mcknight
"but I'm shot colonel"- othic
"we're all shot! we need the prisoners!"-mcknight

"its nothing"- cpl smith

"dude! we almost f*ckin killed you!" twombly to yurek

"are my balls okay?" - cpl smith

k i'll think of more later..
September 8th, 2004  
Blackbird

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
-Sgt Eversmann

Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window.
-Sgt "Hoot"

It's what you do right now that makes a difference.
-Sgt Strucker

Those are my favorite.
October 5th, 2004  
11x RIP

This and "We Were Soldiers" are the best movies ever! And to actually knowing the guys who went through it must be amazing... I can't imagine what they have to say about that time, but props to them. Also, what do they think of the movie? I mean, sometimes people (not just war movies) don't like them because they don't think the movie was done well...just curious to see what some soldiers thought of the movie.
October 5th, 2004  
A Can of Man

RndrSafe, what RPG is trying to say is that Eversmann was shown to do what was done by several men on that mission.
Could be a little unfair to the actual guys who did the acts that Eversmann is seen doing.
I think that's what his point is and I don't really think you can argue about that.

These guys deserve all the credit you can give them though. I'm sure no one here meant any disrespect.
October 6th, 2004  
03USMC

It's Hollywood they condense and add and subtract. The beef is this. If you didn't have boots on the ground in the Mog on Oct 3 then take it for what it is........... a movie.
Calling in to question actions portrayed in a film. Tends to make some people feel they know more than others. Even though they have no real world expierance .
October 9th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
RndrSafe, what RPG is trying to say is that Eversmann was shown to do what was done by several men on that mission.
Could be a little unfair to the actual guys who did the acts that Eversmann is seen doing.
I think that's what his point is and I don't really think you can argue about that.

These guys deserve all the credit you can give them though. I'm sure no one here meant any disrespect.
When I need you to translate and attempt to add your spin on posts for me, I will inform you.

Many would do well to remember it wasn't just a movie on a big screen to some.