Black Hawk Down Quotes

Its definitely a good movie, well directed. I can't help but get angry when I watch it though. How our administration could treat our soldiers that way erks the mess out of me. Sorry, I'm seriously into politics. So yea, my dad refuses to watch the movie because he hates to see how his brother's in arms were treated. That's his opinion. I like the movie but I do agree that our men were treated horribly.

C/CPO

L/Col. McKnight: Everything O.K. there, Strueker?
Sgt. Strueker: Pilla's hit, sir!
L/Col. McKnight: What's his status? What's his status!?
Sgt. Hoot: He's dead
Sgt. Strueker: He's dead. Pilla's dead, sir"

Skip ahead a few seconds

Sgt. Strueker: Get on that 50! Someone get on that 50!
Sgt. Hoot: It's mine

Another BHD Quote:

Durant: Super 6-1, go to UHF Secure, I've got some bad news.
Walcott: Limo is a word, Durant. I don't want to hear about it.
Durant: Limo is not a word, it's an abbreviation of a word.
Walcott: Limo is a word in common usage. That is the key phrase, in scrabble my good friend. Common usage.
Durant: No! If it's not in the dictionary, it doens't count.
Walcott: It doesn't have to be in the dictionary!
Durant: It does have to be in the dictionary. Look, when we get back to the base, it's coming off the board.
Walcott: You touch my limo and I'll spank you Nightstalker, you hear me?
Durant: Yeah, promises.

K ya'll Black Hawk Down is my FAVORITE movie. holy crap. hmm. i could i quote it all night. but i wont. lol.

"There's a f*cking rocket in him, Sir!" -othic
"Now calm down Othic that's live ordinance!" - mcknight

"Get in the truck and drive" -mcknight
"but I'm shot colonel"- othic
"we're all shot! we need the prisoners!"-mcknight

"its nothing"- cpl smith

"dude! we almost f*ckin killed you!" twombly to yurek

"are my balls okay?" - cpl smith

k i'll think of more later..

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
-Sgt Eversmann

Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window.
-Sgt "Hoot"

It's what you do right now that makes a difference.
-Sgt Strucker

Those are my favorite.

This and "We Were Soldiers" are the best movies ever! And to actually knowing the guys who went through it must be amazing... I can't imagine what they have to say about that time, but props to them. Also, what do they think of the movie? I mean, sometimes people (not just war movies) don't like them because they don't think the movie was done well...just curious to see what some soldiers thought of the movie.

RndrSafe, what RPG is trying to say is that Eversmann was shown to do what was done by several men on that mission.
Could be a little unfair to the actual guys who did the acts that Eversmann is seen doing.
I think that's what his point is and I don't really think you can argue about that.

These guys deserve all the credit you can give them though. I'm sure no one here meant any disrespect.

It's Hollywood they condense and add and subtract. The beef is this. If you didn't have boots on the ground in the Mog on Oct 3 then take it for what it is........... a movie.
Calling in to question actions portrayed in a film. Tends to make some people feel they know more than others. Even though they have no real world expierance .

the_13th_redneck said:
RndrSafe, what RPG is trying to say is that Eversmann was shown to do what was done by several men on that mission.
Could be a little unfair to the actual guys who did the acts that Eversmann is seen doing.
I think that's what his point is and I don't really think you can argue about that.

These guys deserve all the credit you can give them though. I'm sure no one here meant any disrespect.

When I need you to translate and attempt to add your spin on posts for me, I will inform you.

Many would do well to remember it wasn't just a movie on a big screen to some.

RnderSafe is right.

it wasnt just a moive on a big screen to some.

like my family.

CWO Raymond Frank was my cousin.

He died during the excursion.

every man that preticipated in the military action on October 3, 1993 derserved the credit they got in the book, movie, etc. Eversmann, Gordon, Shugart, Durant, my cousin. they were brave men.

real men went out there and died. not josh harnett or orlando bloom.

real men.

or orlando bloom

who did HE play?

ive read the book, ive read the newspaper mini-series article...

i wonder if 'delta steve' (from the article) was portrayed by the 'Hoot' character? maybe it was sanderson?

Grimes character doesnt show up in either of the print items either...

very good movie and book tho, ive seen the movie close to (if not) a dozen times...

david

ltdave said:
or orlando bloom

who did HE play?

Todd Blackburn

i wonder if 'delta steve' (from the article) was portrayed by the 'Hoot' character? maybe it was sanderson?

The character "Hoot," like several other's in the film was based on a compilation of real-life soldiers.

Grimes character doesnt show up in either of the print items either...

"Grimes" didn't exist, he was a made up character - but he was portraying John Stebbins.

Ranger Capt Steele:
Sarn (no one EVER prononced Sergeant in this movie!) what is this? Another tax-payer funded Delta Safari?
Delta Hoot:
Just some aerial target practice sir. Didnt want it to go to waste.
Steele:
im talking about your piece. Now Delta or no Delta that's still a hot weapon. You know on base you should always have your safety on.
Hoot:
well this here's my safety sir (waggling right index finger)

Airborne coordinators to McKnight:
What's the matter Danny something you dont like?
McKnight:
What's not to like? Daylight raid, No armor, Skinnies all fukced up on Khat
A/C:
Come on Danny, war's not perfect
McKnight:
To you, circling around at 500 feet wars imperfect, but down on the ground, it's unforgiving...

Damn i love this movie. just watched it 2 more times at Deer Camp...

david

Man that movie was so great. Great sayings in the movie too. Inspirational. Makes you admire those guys who went out on that day.

Oh yeah btw I've watched the movie tons of times but i never got who that guy was that was calling his wife at home but she just couldn't pick up in time.

Anyone here who still can remember the conversation between Osmann Otto and General Garrison after the former offered the latter a Cuban cigars. I missed out on that part... At that moment, he was questioning why the US forces was present at Somalia... Any kind souls out there who will help me post the quotes here??? :roll:

The quotes that I want happened slightly before the below-mentioned quotes...
You shouldn't have come here. This is a civil war. This is our war, not yours.
-Osmann Otto
General Garrison: 300,000 dead and counting. That's not a war Mr. Atto. That's genocide.
-General Garrison
Thanks For Your Attention To The Above....

*Mr. Atto offers Gen Garrison a cigar*
Gen. Garrison - No thanks, i got one..
Atto - But these are cuban
Gen. Garrison- *chuckles* So's this.
Atto - Heh heh heh... Miami my friend is not cuban.

This scene always ammused me. I love his accent too.

-I see not catching General Aidid is becoming something of a routine
-We were'nt trying to catch Aidid, we were trying to catch you
-But am I that important? Hmmm?
-Your just a businessman
-Trying to make a living
-Yeh, selling guns to Aidid's militia.

I think i've seen that film about 10 times through

Here's one from General Adid

"You have the power to kill, but not negotiate..In Somalia..Killing is negotiation"

Back