BitTorrent

PJ24

Alright computer dudes, help a guy out here.

I'm trying to watch a "BitTorrent" video. I downloaded the BitTorrent thing, it did it's little upload deal for about 15 mins.

Now what do I do?

I think you have to wait until it is finished downloading

the BT software will find seeds (people who finished the downloading) and leechers (who are like you, still downloading) and the software will hook you up with them and exchange information...

wait until it is finished, then you can enjoy your video

Aye, you will need the codecs to be sure before you can watch it and it has to be complete. Most movies take 30-45 minutes to download even on ADSL or cable internet connections. Are you using Ares or Limewire?

I downloaded from BitTorrent.com and got a the DivX codec (tried to play the file through its player, didn't work). The file is still sitting under "My Videos" as a .zip, but the bittorrent program (it did take about 30 mins) said it was downloaded.

These things are really confusing. I figured it would just open and play, but nadda.

Install your favourite zip tool, double click the file and either choose to unzip the file(s) or play directly from the archive. In case you need codecs you will be notified.

Oooh, you have to unzip first? No wonder things are always awkward................oh, uh, never mind. The file, right. :???:

Okay, so now it works once I unzip it. Thanks guys!

Oh, and no, it wasn't a naughty video, this time anyway. But now that I know what I'm doing..........................:mrgreen:

KC72 said:
what client are you using?

For the BitTorrent or Extract? I just use Windows default unzip thing. The BitTorrent thing I got from BitTorrent.com, whatever theirs is.

Back