Bird Flu Pandemic

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
What are your own plan of action to prepare and ride out this threat.

I am stocking up on food, water, medical supplies, and ammunition.

I plan to simply close myself and my family off from society for as long as we can. Why the ammo, because I fear that society will take a crap when this thing hits.

As a Law Enforcement Officer, i plan to protect myself in every possible way against this threat and I also wish to protect my loved ones. I will perform my duties to protect both the city and my family. And everyday we preach this at the station. FAMILY FIRST.

We're stockpiling dry milk and we've always had enough canned goods to feed an undeveloped country, so we're set for that. I wouldn't mind the separation from society, either. We've got the guns and ammo to protect ourselves if the merdi hits the ventilateur, so I think we're pretty much set.

I dont know about you guys but... I dont think its THAT dangerous :) Thats my humble opinion though heh..

So anyway, I am just living life normaly :)

Last edited:
We just built a huge bunker under the neighborhood and are going to hide there for some estimated 13 years before everything's ceased and we can re-populate the planet.

Italian Guy said:
We just built a huge bunker under the neighborhood and are going to hide there for some estimated 13 years before everything's ceased and we can re-populate the planet.

Hoorah.

Yea we are just like deerslayer, enough cans to feed China...And we have had a storm shelter for a while...never used it even though we live in Tornado Alley...yea, i wouldnt mind being seperated from society either. At least the preppy society...I might have to save my friends though...

Hell, I live in the middle of nowhere as it is, not like my friends are going to come over, get me infected, and then I die a quick and excrutiatingly painful death. I'll just spend the next few years teaching myself the lessons I'll need to get into vet school and give my sparse piano concerts over the phone... like I always do. So nothing's changin'.

what, that I live in the middle of nowhere and don't really revel in a lot of social contact, thereby greatly reducing my risk of infectious disease? And do I do nothing but play the piano and write? Completely true.

Well, I do have enough cans to feed China, and I do have a storm shelter that I never use, and I would save my friends..Oh, and I HATE PREPS...so yea, Im serious

The Cooler King said:
Are you guys actually serious?

Yeah, you really do need to start stocking up on your stuff, maybe some .45's to defend yourself against the zombies.

Nah I'm not too worried, if worse comes to worse I'll drink myself into a coma and sleep through the 20 year epidemic, just to wake up at the right time to do some re-populating.

Last edited:
I am not worried at all, but will take precautions when nescessary to protect my family the best way possible.

Well this certainly is a meeting of the minds... :)

The threat is overblown. I will let you know when to worry since I am actually sitting at ground zero and have family in Indonesia as well. When the merde hits the ventilateur I will fire a shot. ;)

The sad reality for me is that I'll probably be working massive overtime if it does hit, since my agency is responsible for running the show in the US. So it doesn't really matter what I do at home.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's overblown, but it's not as bad as some of the so-called experts and the media are making it out to be. The simple reality is that we're dealing with the unknown -- a pandemic will require the mutation of some virus (whether it's the avian influenza virus, or some other virus) into something that's easily transmissible from human to human, and we're simply not there yet. Then again, it could happen tomorrow. Personally, I'll take my chances that I'll probably get killed in a car accident first...

I dont know.. but seriously fellas.. your exagirating the "thing".. its not as bad as you all imagine.. no really :) just live normaly :)

I eat eggs as usual;I eat the meat of chickens as usual;I eat the eggs of partridge as usual.
I do not think it is so srrioius as we have imagined.Or at least ,I do not care about it .

I stopped playing with road kill and other dead birds, as not to infect myself. But I started wearing protection while I play, because I miss the attention.

Well, I can't help it. I suffer from an attention-deficit and I hear these voices in my head. I found out I can talk to dead animals, isn't that just great. I am the Mowgli from Amsterdam....

Back