Bin Laden's son possibly killed

Nice argument Redneck...
Ben Laden killed how many Americans? 3000? 5000? there 300 millions Americans and we can hire more (Mexicans)...
So, should we turn a blind eye on his crimes?

I know that you see him as an enemy, but he is a young kid... In his twenties... Way too young to die.

We live in a pretty twisted world... He should be in a school studying... And now, he is a rotting body.

These extremists make me angry. The first thing a human being should do is take care of his kids and make sure that they arent in harms way.

Nice argument Redneck...
Ben Laden killed how many Americans? 3000? 5000? there 300 millions Americans and we can hire more (Mexicans)...
So, should we turn a blind eye on his crimes?

I know that you see him as an enemy, but he is a young kid... In his twenties... Way too young to die.

We live in a pretty twisted world... He should be in a school studying... And now, he is a rotting body.

These extremists make me angry. The first thing a human being should do is take care of his kids and make sure that they arent in harms way.
He's dead(apparently) because he was following in Daddy's footsteps. Terrorists have strapped bombs on thier own kids. Overheard Arab comment..Our kids, they blow up so quickly these days!

I know George, some people are twisted.
I just want to say that we shouldnt "adapt" to this situation...

Some people see their kids as tools... It's not a reason to adopt this twisted way to see the world.

I know George, some people are twisted.
I just want to say that we shouldnt "adapt" to this situation...

Some people see their kids as tools... It's not a reason to adopt this twisted way to see the world.
Back to the leave em alone and they'll leave us alone concept I see:rolleyes:

Well, to be honest, I do believe in the "leave them alone and they will us alone" concept...

But you have to really respect it. If you think that "everything" started in 2001... Well, you are wrong. What about the Gulf war? the US troops in holy ground in Saudi Arabia? Isnt this enough to anger some religieous zealots?

What happened in 2001 was a result. It's not the start.

But I wasnt talking about that in this topic. What I mean is that there is terrorists who see a future generation of terrorists when they look at their own kids.

The question is "should we share this view with them?" Should we see a next generation of terrorists in these kids aswell?

And I have other questions. Is it a good news? A kid in his twenties was torn to pieces by a missile. Should we pop the champagne? Doenst that makes us savages?

Should we attack the families of our ennemies?

That kind of questions...

Selective memory at its finest.
Didn't Iraq invade Kuwait and do a whole lot of bad stuff to the Kuwaitis?
And why the heck should we cater to religious zealots and other extremists? I don't think history looks kindly at us for being all chummy with Hitler in the '30s.
So what should we do when a bunch of 20 year old terrorists get torn to shreds? Why not pop champaign? You're forgetting that the biggest victims of these kinds of people are, surprise, surprise, other Muslims.
If you care about other Muslims, you can't possibly condone or accept these extremists.

Well, to be honest, I do believe in the "leave them alone and they will us alone" concept...

But you have to really respect it. If you think that "everything" started in 2001... Well, you are wrong. What about the Gulf war? the US troops in holy ground in Saudi Arabia? Isnt this enough to anger some religieous zealots?

But I wasnt talking about that in this topic. What I mean is that there is terrorists who see a future generation of terrorists when they look at their own kids.

The question is "should we share this view with them?" Should we see a next generation of terrorists in these kids aswell?

And I have other questions. Is it a good news? A kid in his twenties was torn to pieces by a missile. Should we pop the champagne? Doenst that makes us savages?

"Well, to be honest, I do believe in the "leave them alone and they will us alone" concept..."
Has not been proven to work. But, believe what you want too.

"What I mean is that there is terrorists who see a future generation of terrorists when they look at their own kids.

The question is "should we share this view with them?" Should we see a next generation of terrorists in these kids aswell?"

If they see their children as future terrorists, it would be prudent to view them the same way.

"And I have other questions."
"Is it a good news?"
Yes.
"A kid in his twenties was torn to pieces by a missile. Should we pop the champagne?"
Most men in their twenties do not like to be called kids. And terrorists do not confine their attacks to an age group that you may feel is more appropriate. He was in a terrorist camp, so pop the cork.

"Doenst that makes us savages?"
No, more like preservationists. Preserving the life style and freedoms we deem important.

Should we attack the families of our enemies? Yes, if we want to win. We need to take away the will to fight.

Too bad we're no longer allowed to fight like that.
Worked brilliantly for the RoK forces in Vietnam. Any village conducting VC activity would be leveled and more than a few of the folks inside shot. That discouraged them big time.

I think that has more to do with being insignificant in Al Qaeda's plans.
But of course, that is why they are left alone. Samoa and such places don't worry them.

Sorry,... I removed my previous post because I read another answer, but decided that I did not have time to explain it to the poster.

I'm just getting sick and tired of explaining basic human psychology to "piss vinegar'" ultra nationalists who have little idea of how any other cultures think, and care less. If you are not like us,... you are wrong.

Wish it were that simple.
The truth is not all of us have the luxury of being so far away from the rest of the world as Samoa, New Zealand, etc because the difference between oil and other resources coming home and not is the difference between a high standard of living and poverty at best and at worst living in a stable society as opposed to life in a Chinese or North Korean quarry.
Some countries, who don't even pretend to believe in freedom or rights are after these same resources. If they get it all (and trust me, if they did, they wouldn't even have to worry about world opinion since they would be owning us) our ideologies and way of life would pretty much go out the door and get replaced by theirs.
So unfortunately, to discourage Al Qaeda is to pursue isolationism, but we all know how that usually ends up as well.

LeMask must be some kind of terrorist PR agent.
By the way, I didnt receive my last pay checks... Do you hire?

the other guy, I understand that. But we fight them because they attack innocent people. If you attack innocent people aswell... We will be our new enemy.

Do you understand that? Everytime you adapt to the situation. You are one step closer to becoming like your enemy.

And by the way, if you care about justice. Being the son of a criminal doesnt make you a criminal.

I dont know the circumstances of his death (if he is dead). But I just hope that the US army isnt hunting down the families of their targets.

We cant allow the use of force against unarmed people.

We are supposed to be civilized people. It's not cheap.

If you want to be better killers than these twisted extremists who are ready for anything to kill innocent people...

Then sorry, but we cant allow you to be nastier than this... In fact, we cant allow you to be even close enough to be compared to them...

And Redneck, I want your view point. Let me give you mine.

Ben Laden was sent to Afghanistan to fight the Red Army. He "won" the war. And he is a twisted religious extremist, he thinks that he have a powerful army of Muslims capable of destroying any enemy with it's powerful faith.

Then, comes the invasion of Kuweit by Saddam. For Ben Laden, Saddam is an US puppet and an enemy of his religion.

he proposed to use his new army to defend Saudi Arabia from Saddam. But the Saudis prefer to have the most powerful army in the world to defend their territory from Saddam's army.

But it was just a lie. Saddam attacked Kuweit just because the US made him think that they wouldnt intervene in conflicts between Arab countries.

So this is my version.

This is why Ben Laden lost its relations with the Saudis. And why he went to war against the USA.

I didnt made this. In fact, I saw it in a documentary in french TV.

If someone have a different version, please share.

Last edited:
Curse me and my free time.
Answers in bold and blue.

By the way, I didnt receive my last pay checks... Do you hire?
Ever heard of volunteer work?

the other guy, I understand that. But we fight them because they attack innocent people. If you attack innocent people aswell... We will be our new enemy.
Yeah that's why so much effort is put into avoiding civilian casualties. Unfortunately it's easier said than done. But if this was the #1 concern in every war, it would be impossible to fight any bad guys at all.

Do you understand that? Everytime you adapt to the situation. You are one step closer to becoming like your enemy.
Unfortunately that is true. Which is why there is a code of honor we have to abide to. It is the difference between the bandits and the Samurai.

And by the way, if you care about justice. Being the son of a criminal doesnt make you a criminal.
He didn't get blown up while shopping for eggs in a department store in down town Riyadh. The guy was hanging out with folks who get blown up for the right reasons on a regular basis. What was he doing there?

I dont know the circumstances of his death (if he is dead). But I just hope that the US army isnt hunting down the families of their targets.
The article stated that he just happened to get killed in the attack. Odds are it's probably stretching it. Kinda like "we targeted the car but we got him too by chance." If Bin Laden's family was being targeted, a lot more of them would be dead right now.

We cant allow the use of force against unarmed people.
Depends on what they're doing.

We are supposed to be civilized people. It's not cheap.
Try being civilized in front of people who aren't so nice. Just the other day I was at a convenience store when a crazy dude came in and started harassing the woman at the counter. Everyone ignored him but my wife went to get security while I stood by ready to get him if he tried to jump over the counter. Security dragged him out. You can try talking.

If you want to be better killers than these twisted extremists who are ready for anything to kill innocent people...
Yes I believe that's the idea.

Then sorry, but we cant allow you to be nastier than this... In fact, we cant allow you to be even close enough to be compared to them...
Define "we." You and your terrorist buddies?

And Redneck, I want your view point. Let me give you mine.

Ben Laden was sent to Afghanistan to fight the Red Army. He "won" the war. And he is a twisted religious extremist, he thinks that he have a powerful army of Muslims capable of destroying any enemy with it's powerful faith.
Bin Laden was but one of many who went to fight. Nowadays the common misconception is that he was a central figure. This is actually not true. None of the literature I have read about Bin Laden says that he was a central figure during this war but plenty have confirmed that he was just one of many in that war. "Ghost Wars," "Taliban" and "Inside Al Qaeda" seem to confirm this. Of these books only the first is written by a Western author.

Then, comes the invasion of Kuweit by Saddam. For Ben Laden, Saddam is an US puppet and an enemy of his religion.
Maybe. But considering that Iraq and the US were going to go to war, that idea should have been shattered. If he felt Saddam was in bed with the Americans, he should have thought the same for the Muj he worked alongside in the war against the Soviets in A'Stan.

he proposed to use his new army to defend Saudi Arabia from Saddam. But the Saudis prefer to have the most powerful army in the world to defend their territory from Saddam's army.
As most sane people would choose.

But it was just a lie. Saddam attacked Kuweit just because the US made him think that they wouldnt intervene in conflicts between Arab countries.
How did the US make him think that? Saddam thought he could bring the Arabs over to his side by appealing to a Muslim brotherhood fighting against the infidels and even launched Scuds to Israel in an attempt to bring them into the war.
You have Saddam Hussein, capable of overrunning the most oil rich country in the world (Saudi Arabia) and he thought the US would do nothing? I don't think Saddam is THAT stupid.

So this is my version.

This is why Ben Laden lost its relations with the Saudis. And why he went to war against the USA.
His proposal was rejected and apparently had a huge fight with the Saudis whereupon his citizenship was stripped. He probably said a lot of things in one of the palaces that he really shouldn't have.

I didnt made this. In fact, I saw it in a documentary in french TV.
Yeah and I also saw a documentary about how 9/11 was a CIA inside job. What's your point?

If someone have a different version, please share.

Back