BIN LADEN GRAVELY ILL OR DEAD? -French and SAUDI intelligence

Thats a bit ironic...Lived in the desert all his life and then gets typhoid...Haha...But anyway, I dont care how he dies, as long as he dies. His death will cause great turmoil within Al-Queda.

......... His death will cause great turmoil within Al-Queda.

I am NOT sure I can buy this statement ... AlQaeda has developed a life of it's own ... it's like a plague, the ONLY way you can be sure that it doesn't crop up somewhere else, is to root it out completely and ensure that every single 'cell' is dead, burned and buried.

Bin Laden's death would be a good start though.

He most likely alive, and we most likely do have him, but some paramilitary guys most likley have their clucthes on him and are keeping him safe.

He dies from the typhoid (if he did or will die) BUT walking around in mountainous Afghanistan/Pakistan with a kidney dialysis machine didn't? Bah.

I need to see a body first.

I am NOT sure I can buy this statement ... AlQaeda has developed a life of it's own ... it's like a plague, the ONLY way you can be sure that it doesn't crop up somewhere else, is to root it out completely and ensure that every single 'cell' is dead, burned and buried.

Bin Laden's death would be a good start though.
So the man who started this war dying wouldnt be a big hit to Al Qaeda?

You might be right, I just hope Bush isnt trying to keep him in order to pull a October surprise.

Chief Bones

Actually I going to have to agree with C\LT Henderson this time (thats a shock :lol:). I think Bin laden Death would cause Turmoil in el Qaeda, at least in the short term. While bin Laden could easily be replaced and it his death wouldnt harm the ability to conduct operations, it would be a crushing blow to their morale.

His death of 'typhoid' got me thinking, this could be a set up. If Bin laden were to have been killed in a blaze of glory, it would have certainly encouraged more people in the Middle East to join al Qaeda, however if he were to 'die' of a disease (espically a contagious one) his death would be considered unremarkable. They are not trying just to kill the man, they want to kill his reputation.

Quite ingenious...

I would very much like to see evidence first.

If he has died of a disease I suppose the Coalition against Terrorism could at least be satisfied that forcing OBL into hiding reduced his ability to obtain proper medical treatment and medication. That is at least some compensation for his crimes and escape from trial.

Like Team Infidel said guys, it no longer really matters if Osama dies or not because the command and control has been diseminated down the line and it will not end the fight. It is a multi-headed beast. More important than killing Osama is killing the muslims will to fight.

But killing the original leader wouldn't shake them up a bit? I know if they assasinated President Bush our military would be a little less eager to fight...The point Im trying to make is that it would have an effect. It wouldnt end the war immediately, but it WOULD have an effect.

No effect other than actually making their will stronger as he would become a martyr, an example for them to follow all the way to Allah. Its a different motivation for them, its about religion, not country and what many don't realise is that we ARE in a fight for our very survival so the loss of a leader should be insignificant to our will to fight just as it is to them.

al-Qaida is growing ... more groups that were separate from them are joining their ranks. But I think it would do more for Americans, to see him dead, than anyone else if you think about it. Which is sad. No plans would be stopped because al-Zawhiri would be in charge. If we could actually capture him, it would be better, eventually they would talk (especially after listening to 100 hours of Barbra Streisand). Or if we could catch more people who are close to the two on personal basis ... not someone who saw him roaming around in their neighborhood cave.

I actually think it would be a bad thing for Osama to be dead OR captured. I fear it would give a false sense of closure. It would give most Americans this sense of the fight being over. They would lose interest and drop their guard and fail to support the work that needs to continue to keep our way of life in the West. This isn't the wild west and the fight will not end just because the marshall shot the bad guy dead or hauled him off to jail. Americans and many Europeans and Kiwis just don't get it. They're so steeped in their own world view that they cannot understand the motivation of this fight and without knowing that they don't understand just how deadly serous this is, for all of us.

His death of 'typhoid' got me thinking, this could be a set up. If Bin laden were to have been killed in a blaze of glory, it would have certainly encouraged more people in the Middle East to join al Qaeda, however if he were to 'die' of a disease (espically a contagious one) his death would be considered unremarkable. They are not trying just to kill the man, they want to kill his reputation.

Quite ingenious...

Hehe this was my first impression as well I just figured it was an attempt to draw him out in order to "prove" he alive and well.

As far as it goes though while I believe it would be a moral booster for the west I have my doubts as to whether it will much effect on his organisation anymore.

This lowlife has been "killed" in various attacks before, and ressurected on a bad tape posted to Al Jazera a few days later of the report of his death...

Well, what do I know...?

Back