Bill Clinton to Israel: Iran No Threat

Ted said:
Missileer, if they set the hounds on Bush they'll probably catch him on a lie or two also. But twisting info about a ******* from an intern and a complete war with tens of thousands dead....... It isn't exactly the same ball park, is it?

I guess it depends on how one perceives a lie. Post something on Bush being caught lying under oath and I'll put some weight in your argument. The crime was perjury. It doesn't matter what for. Perjury is a crime, sexual encounters are not and I don't remember saying they were.

Ted, Americans generally attach a huge deal of attention to whatever is said under oath or to the fact of a President lying to his people.
That's why the Lewinsky Affair was so important back then. Us Europeans would never make a big deal out of something like that (well, us Italians sure wouldn't), but to an American a lie under oath is the worst thing.
I think the point is not what he did, it's that he lied about it.

IG, That's what I was attempting to convey in my argument but, as you said before, this has become less and less about President Clinton and Iran.

Italian Guy said:
Ted, Americans generally attach a huge deal of attention to whatever is said under oath or to the fact of a President lying to his people.
That's why the Lewinsky Affair was so important back then. Us Europeans would never make a big deal out of something like that (well, us Italians sure wouldn't), but to an American a lie under oath is the worst thing.
I think the point is not what he did, it's that he lied about it.

True, but in all crimes there is leeway, the law is not set in stone. It all depends on circumstances. Accidentally shooting someone is not judged the same as premediated murder. Same is said about Purgury. Purgury about a sexual affair should not be judged as harshly as commiting purgury about National Security.

A Congressional admonishment was probably warrented for Clinton, but to go as far as a presidential impeachment (the 2nd of in our entire history) was completely over the top.

Lets be honest, it was done for political reasons, not because the GOP wanted to see justice.

mmarsh said:
True, but in all crimes there is leeway, the law is not set in stone. It all depends on circumstances. Accidentally shooting someone is not judged the same as premediated murder. Same is said about Purgury. Purgury about a sexual affair should not be judged as harshly as commiting purgury about National Security.

Perjuring yourself before a Federal judge is about as serious as it gets and that's what he did. A lie can affect the outcome of a trial. Say someone provided a mass murderer with an alibi and he is freed. That is an extreme but plausible example.

mmarsh said:
Lets be honest, it was done for political reasons, not because the GOP wanted to see justice.

Whatever the reason, he was found guilty and lost his license to practice law.

The problem with people like Clinton and the attitudes he represents is that they are in a position of power to put us in a state of Western suicide.

The attitude of catering to those that want to destroy you in hopes of changing their minds is sheer naivety.

Look at France, they have for years catered for favor in the Islamic world, even being the biggest opposition to Bush, look what in got them in return.

Europe is teetering on the edge of sealing its fate because for years they have adapted attitudes similar, or even worse than that of Clinton.

If you want the US to follow suit then putting people who have the similar attitudes of Clinton will ensure our doom as well, and once that happens democracy will disapear from the face of the earth completely.

If the events in France havent waken you up to what we are facing then you are still living in La-La land.

Most of the West is already in a slow course towards its own suicide, the proper course of action is to remedy this and stop it. Having someone like Clinton will make the situation worse and slowly but surely leads us on to what will become an unalterable course to our own destruction.

Hahahahahha some people see suicide as a way to get out of things! Sometimes I reckon that our political system is such a farce I'd be mighty interested in what lies ahead.

But that is the beauty of things isn't it Gladius? I see in Clinton's lie a guy trying to hide something from his wife. Big deal. This whole Ken Stars investigation was just to make sure he'd be politically dead. Now he's out of reach and even worse then ever.....

p.s. What fate are we Europeans sealing by the way? I curious to know so I have ample time to react to my demise.

Ted said:
But that is the beauty of things isn't it Gladius?

What do you mean by this line? Are you speaking of the irony of some situation? I can't associate it with the subject of your post.

No, you're right.. it is meant as ironic. Unfortunatly not everybody shares my irony.

p.s. I'm sorry for the use of my language ans make sure it won't happen again!

Ted said:
No, you're right.. it is meant as ironic. Unfortunatly not everybody shares my irony.

p.s. I'm sorry for the use of my language ans make sure it won't happen again!

Ah! I don't see anything wrong with your language, I just couldn't figure out the term. It's like "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."

Ted said:
Hahahahahha some people see suicide as a way to get out of things! Sometimes I reckon that our political system is such a farce I'd be mighty interested in what lies ahead.

Good, you may just see the results of it. I guarantee you won't like it.

But that is the beauty of things isn't it Gladius? I see in Clinton's lie a guy trying to hide something from his wife. Big deal. This whole Ken Stars investigation was just to make sure he'd be politically dead. Now he's out of reach and even worse then ever.....

He lied to his wife, big deal.

What matters is his attitude towards those that want to destroy the West. That was the point of this thread in the first place.

p.s. What fate are we Europeans sealing by the way? I curious to know so I have ample time to react to my demise.

Low European birth rate.

Very high Islamic birth rate.

Do the math.

Within 50 years you will be outnumbered.

..And don't think once they have the numbers on you that they will want to assimilate, more likely they will want you to assimilate to them. So have fun assimilating in your old age, and your kids too if you have any.

The fact that Europe is full of people just like you who have proven themslves (like right now) oblivious to this, and are still living in some fantasy world where problems are simply ignored because it deosn't feel good, isn't going to help matters. You are going to be like that frog who slowly boiled to death.

The fact that Europe is full of people just like you who have proven themslves (like right now) oblivious to this, and are still living in some fantasy world where problems are simply ignored because it deosn't feel good, isn't going to help matters. You are going to be like that frog who slowly boiled to death.

I'm not oblivious to this, but I don't put too much emphasis on it either. Every culture is a constant mix of adaption to foreign input. Like the Spanish with the Saracens and many other cultures in Europe that adapted others as well.
In nature we evolve and a culture should too. Trying to cling on to one specific culture, maintaining it at all costs isn't something I'm prepared to do. The are 6.500.000.000 people on a sphere with just about 7000 kilometers diameter. You can't blog them out.
Imo you focus purely on the "evil" and dangerous aspects of a minute group of fanatics. You enlarge this to a scale were everything different is automatically not wanted. Dutch culture changed when the Romans came, the French, Spaniards and Germans too. It changed when McDonalds came and when internet opened the world.

My future children will grow up in a world different from mine, as did I compared to my parents and so forth. In short: I'm not oblivious, but I;m just not afraid of it!

Ted said:
I'm not oblivious to this, but I don't put too much emphasis on it either. Every culture is a constant mix of adaption to foreign input. Like the Spanish with the Saracens and many other cultures in Europe that adapted others as well.
In nature we evolve and a culture should too. Trying to cling on to one specific culture, maintaining it at all costs isn't something I'm prepared to do. The are 6.500.000.000 people on a sphere with just about 7000 kilometers diameter. You can't blog them out.
Imo you focus purely on the "evil" and dangerous aspects of a minute group of fanatics. You enlarge this to a scale were everything different is automatically not wanted. Dutch culture changed when the Romans came, the French, Spaniards and Germans too. It changed when McDonalds came and when internet opened the world.

The coming change is nothing like the internet or McDonalds coming to Europe. (Your absolute naivety almost makes me laugh, if it weren't for the fact that its so sad)

If you think that way you are in for a major suprise.

You say I am enlarging and only focusing on a small group of fanatics. Well I take my example from real life. Just go to any majority Muslims country and see how their non-Muslim citizens are treat--- like second class citizens whose rigths aren't guaranteed. Most of those Muslims in those countries aren't even fanatics.

I take my examples from real life. you still are living in a daydream and you will wake up to a nightmare of your own making.

My future children will grow up in a world different from mine, as did I compared to my parents and so forth. In short: I'm not oblivious, but I;m just not afraid of it!

Good, then you wont mind when they will force your female children to wear a headscraf.

Or maybe when the religiuos police harrass you for not bowing down your head to Mecca five times a day.

Or when they take away the rights of women.

Not mention trying to express yourself not in accordance with the Koran.

You seem to want this, so go have at it. Like I said, no wonder Europe is doomed, there are too many people like you.

gladius said:
You say I am enlarging and only focusing on a small group of fanatics. Well I take my example from real life. Just go to any majority Muslims country and see how their non-Muslim citizens are treat--- like second class citizens whose rigths aren't guaranteed.

Yes, they are called dhimmi in Arabic. Koran says all non-Muslims living in a Muslim area are to be treated as dhimmi, which means second class citizens.

Exactly, almost every single Muslim majority country is like that or getting to be like that.

What makes people think Europe will be an exeption when it gets to be Muslim majority? Simply because its Europe? Lol!

The usual break point for arab/muslim populations to begin in earnest to overthrow existing government and culture in favor of muslim law and culture is right about 25%.

There'll be no need to wait until the muslims have any kind of majority.

Italian Guy said:
gladius said:
You say I am enlarging and only focusing on a small group of fanatics. Well I take my example from real life. Just go to any majority Muslims country and see how their non-Muslim citizens are treat--- like second class citizens whose rigths aren't guaranteed.

Yes, they are called dhimmi in Arabic. Koran says all non-Muslims living in a Muslim area are to be treated as dhimmi, which means second class citizens.

I confirm your point!

What makes people think Europe will be an exeption when it gets to be Muslim majority? Simply because its Europe? Lol!

I guess so. You do know the events aren't repetitive right? So the development of an islamic nation or a country turning islamic, with 2000 years of other culture underneath, will not give the same result.

And beside being naive I'm also a pragmatic. At this moment I'm a non-practising Christian and then I'll become a non-practising Muslim.... problem solved!

(p.s. I have an islamic girlfriend and the future doesn't look so bad to me)

Back