Bill Clinton and CIA Gave Iranians Blueprint for Nuclear Bomb - Page 2

--
Boots

April 23rd, 2006  
Missileer

Like the "little General" Ross Perot said about President Clinton, "If a man's wife can't trust him, how can I?"
April 23rd, 2006  
Chief Bones

Topic: In my case you couldn't be more wrong ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving0target
Seems to me there are two sides to "Clinton Blindness." One side can't accept that he did anything right, granted, but the other side can't seem to accept that he did anything wrong.

While there may be a grain or two of truth in the story, who knows how many different ways it's been spun to reflect one side or another.

Clinton was no saint ... but ... I will always believe that a sexual encounter between consenting adults is a piss poor reason to impeach a president. And before someone says that the impeachment was about lying under oath ... so what (BFD), who the hell wouldn't lie about something like that. It's done every single day.

I was NOT a super Clinton supporter ... but ... I thought then (and still do), the impeachment was politically motivated from start to finish. The Republicans saw the possibility of taking down a popular Democratic president, and just couldn't pass it up. They showed just what real partisan politics really is all about.

After all, there have been many presidents that have had sexual liaisons outside of their marriages since this country was formed and Clinton was the ONLY one that Congress felt they had to make into a public circus.

I will also grant you that there were real fiascoes during his presidency that didn't involve his sexual proclivities ... some of the boo-boos that I am talking about are the reason for this thread. His administrations inability to keep their mouths shut MAY have contributed to some of these disclosures to foreign sources.
April 24th, 2006  
Fox

If it is true then Bill Clinton does betrayed United States of America. Do you think he would betrayed the country?
--
Boots
April 24th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Topic: Articulate .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
If it is true then Bill Clinton does betrayed United States of America. Do you think he would betrayed the country?
Please ... if/when you make a post like this one, at least offer more that just a a two line question as a response ... articulate your reasoning for your statement.

ie: Question - Did Bill Clinton betray the US? (Then answer ... with an opinion if nothing else).
April 24th, 2006  
jequirity

Hmmm, i've got the feeling that no Head of State would be that stupid to give away secrets like that. Theres always more that meets the eye and i'm sure that America would've gained more from the deal than anyone in the public knows.

Otherwise i'm pretty sure that most Europeans, i don't know about Americans, prefer Clinton to Bush. Clinton seemed to have more common sense than Bush which is what counts in my opinion. He had an affair and lied about it true, but thats better than placing soldiers lives on the line by sending them to Iraq without good reason.

He played the saxaphone too! The sax!
April 24th, 2006  
WNxRogue

Clinton is one of those people that may not be a great person (ie. not great morally) but was a fairly good president. I dont think he could possibly so stupid as to give the Iranians (an increasingly aggressive and intolerant nation) plans for nuclear weapons.
April 24th, 2006  
PJ24

I don't know if the original story posted is true or not, but knowing what Clinton gave to China, it honestly wouldn't shock me.

I don't feel that Clinton was a good POTUS at all, if you push through the smoke and mirrors of his admin, you'll see that not everything was as great as projected. He was just better at covering the problems than some others are. I get tickled at both sides that constantly bring up Clinton's blow job as if it was the worst thing he did. That's hardly the case.

April 24th, 2006  
LeEnfield

Has Clinton said any thing on the matter, or is he just keeping his head down until another story breaks and takes peoples attention away from him.
April 25th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
Has Clinton said any thing on the matter, or is he just keeping his head down until another story breaks and takes peoples attention away from him.
This is the part of this whole story that I just absolutely love ... people are still pointing fingers at a president that has been out of office almost two full terms.

The present POTUS is *sshole deep in alligators of his own making and there are those that still can't get past the fact that Clinton whipped daddy Bush's *ss in an election and was twice as popular as either of the Bush "dynamic duo".
April 27th, 2006  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
Certain people still can't accept that the people elected Bill Clinton. They will STILL do anything to discredit Clinton's accomplishments so it does NOT surprise me that "the ruse was simply an attempt by the agency to find out the full scope of Tehran's nuclear knowledge" statement would be ignored in an attempt to malign Clinton and accuse him of giving real nuclear bomb secrets to an "enemy" state.

Shame shame ... if you are going to post this type of subject/issue at least include ALL of the information NOT just the part which blackens another persons name and reputation. Your personal bias is no excuse for this behavior.
*raises an eyebrow at Chief Bones*

Looking back on some other threads Chief I can see where this can apply to just about everyone on this forum. . . including yourself.

On to the topic:

Look back at some of the things that got reported then look back at some of the things that never got sensationalized (During the Clinton Administration). If anyone wants to compare Clinton with the current POTUS then they are comparing Apples with Con on the Cob.

The difference in the repsective responsibilites of each president, as well as the current strife in the geo-political arena, are so far removed from each other that it would be asinine to even make a comparison.

Think about what happened during the Clinton Admin (all aspects other than the Monica thing) then compare it to what the POTUS has to deal with now. Oh wait, we didn't have all the sensationalism of the media during the Clinton Admin over the smallest thing (like Mrs Bush stubbed her toe and went to the hospital in cardiac arrest: Story at 9:00). Exaggerated I know. But consider all the media byplay then, the stories ran on what subject matter etc, and study it now.

I personally think the current POTUS got handed a bag of shi* and is making sandwiches from it and telling everyone in the world "Take a bite". this includes many foreign policies as well as policy at home. It is real easy to pay lip service to someone you want to get somehting out of but far harder to actually get something.