big problem...

rotc boy

So one of the juniors decided to quit JROTC and got his schedule changed and is out, turned his uniforms in today....but last year he had been the supply clerk and had stolen a lot of uniform parts to wear when he had forgotten some....and hes not turning the stuff that isnt on the record book in, which is probably close to $600 worth of stuff (i cant list all of it but heres a small portion of the goods: at least 2 dress blues jackets, 2 sam brown belts, 14 web belts, numerous covers, 2 pairs of combat boots, 3 pairs of coroframes (SP?), 2 service C uniforms, numerous utility uniforms) AND THATS JUST WHAT I KNOW ABOUT! what should i do about him? i dont want to report him and get labeled a rat by the other cadets since most of the other juniors are getting out also...I dont exactly have a lot of friends down here (by choice, these people are f :cen: ing idiots and i dont want to be around most of them) but the friends i do have are good people that i wouldnt want to lose as friends and if tell the major about this then the juniors would pretty much make me a social out cast...

I have already talked to the other cadet about all of this stuff and he said hes going to sell it, i told him that i lost the little respect i had remaining for him and since he plans to go into the Marines, that he should respect all of those who had worn the uniform he was disgracing without a care and return it all, he told me to go f :cen: myself and walked off, I almost wanted to punch him in the face but decided it wasnt worth it...suggestions? :?

edit: mods, please move to registered forums...

Tell your SMI what happend
He can get the stuff back still...you might have to take a loss of friends
Either that ir just leave it unless 600 dollars of stff will be noticed missing from the units supply

There are two things you can do. One of which is rat him out. Sure you may be a social out cast but you did the right thing. Or you can let it be, and if it continues he may have the same thing happen to him that happened to a Sgt Maj and a Lt my dad was under in the Royal Army. They turned around really fast. :D The Sgt Maj wasn't harmed physically. But the LTs example was, "Those under you can project your butt or put a bullet in it."

Report him. You will not "lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate those who do", remember? For goodness' sake, even if you aren't a Marine yet, you still wear their uniform. You know what's right.

Excellent usage of motto there C/Commander. I agree, you must report him..If the juniors are really your friends then it shouldnt matter anyway.

Did y'all know, any cadet who didn't turn their uniform in. They can't get diploma. I like to keep the uniform for memory in future. But I still have to turn in before I graduate.

yea, hes turning all the stuff in, that is marked down that he has, but most of the shit he has isnt marked down, and that is what hes selling...

the right and honest thing to do is to inform your commanding officer. one of the aspects of JROTC and ROTC is to prepare cadets for life as an officer and a gentleman, and honestly, you don't want this former cadet's actions to sit on your conscience, do you?

Back