Big dog or little dog?

Do you prefer a big dog or a little dog?

• Big dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Little Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charge 7

Master Gunner
Okay, I was disgusted to find out that the most popular dog in America is the Toy Poodle. Bad enough that CATS passed dogs as the most popular pet in the US in 2000 without adding insult to injury and having a dog not that far from a cat being the most popular. I take solace, however, in the knowledge that my dog is the world's most popular breed - the German Shepard. So what do you say? Big dog or little dog? Feel free to elaborate on your favorite breed. No, mutts aren't a breed though there are plenty of nice ones. Also, if you don't like dogs, keep it to yourself.

Official Disclaimer: I'm not saying there aren't plenty of nice little dogs out there. Just not my preference.

big dogs rule!!!!
i have a terrier mix (we have no idea what she was mixed with)
shes a great dog, rarely barks, extremely friendly, and i dont have to worry about stepping on her and crushing her to death!!!

big dogs!!!!!

My wife wants a smill ity bity dog while I want a big dog. I have always had more fun with a big dog. My ankles quiver at the barks of a small door mat ;)

Big dogs. I have two beagles, which aren't big dogs that bark a whole hell of a lot, and I had two cocker spanials before, so I guess I'm just kind of tired of small dogs, not because my beagles bark a lot, because i know some big dogs do also, it's just that both beagles and cockers are small and i haven't had any big dogs, and a lot of other people do that i see, and i like 'em, and don't anybody say anything about me being lazy keeping my dogs in line, because i know i'm lazy. I just can't wait to take my beagles rabbit hunting.

Who draws the line between a Big Dog Great Dane and a Little Dog Chihuahua. I guess my dog would be in tne Medium range with a Scent Hound

In answer to your question, SFC, I would say anything from about Airedale size on up qualifies as a big dog so most hounds would be big. A Bassett Hound though would be little. Just a judgement call. Nothing clearly defined.

Weimaraner; this has been my dream dog for a couple of years now. I haven't been able to get one yet because i am waiting till i get the living arrangements that will support a large active dog and right now all i have is an apt. But i am hoping that i can get a purebred and register her (spayed i am NOT going to breed) with AKC and use her registration #'s to file her as a dependant with the USMC thus getting the appropriate allownaces :lol: ... he he he just kidding!
I like small dogs but i just don't get along with them well. All of my friends have a small dog and they cower when i enter the room and i don't even try to hurt/scare them. Large dogs don't try to chew on my neck or anything but at the same time they don't tuck tail and run when i enter a room. so there!

Big dogs are definitely better. I'm a big fan of Golden Retirevers. I've always had them. Tried having a chocolate lab once and he was beautiful but a little too excitable...

Toy Poodles? OMG. I'm worried about the state of the Nation.

Big Dogs. My favorite German Shepards by far intelligent, and loyal.

I like Cats too.........................................................................

They are marvelous BBQ'd :lol:

Big dog fella myself.

I have two German Sheps, several Border Collies (w/sheep) a Husky/wolf mix .. and a pug (they are little, but very cool dogs).

I always get my cat in the form of Beef Pepper steak.

Good to see you have a couple Shepards as well. Border Collies are very smart. A tad too hyper for most folks and unfortunately they wind up in shelters here alot because they became "popular" for the wrong reasons. Pugs are fun. Big dog in a little body. My neighbor had one for years that was very nice. Husky/wolf hybrid huh? I had a German Shepard/wolf hybrid once. Got him from a neighbor who couldn't handle him. Fritz was a damn nice pet. He got people's attention too he he.

My current Shepard, Odin, was named for the Norse god of wisdom (also the King of Aesgard) purely by chance. It proved prophetic. He's the smartest I've ever had and my family has bred them since 1948. I show him what I want him to do once or twice and he has it cold. When I got tired of repainting the door from dog scratches I taught him how to knock. He figured it out in nothing flat. Boom! Boom! That gets me to the door pretty quick. His best trick may be that when he's done playing I just say "Okay you're done. Pick up your toys." and he grabs his frisbee and tennis balls etc. and comes a runnin'. One day I was at the local park and did that. A mother with four little kids came over and said "Can you teach THEM that?"

"I always get my cat in the form of Beef Pepper steak."

ROTFL! :lol:

RnderSafe said:
Big dog fella myself.

I have two German Sheps, several Border Collies (w/sheep) a Husky/wolf mix .. and a pug (they are little, but very cool dogs).

I always get my cat in the form of Beef Pepper steak.

Border Collies are very nice dogs. In September, when my Pa, Brother, and I were deer hunting we came across this border collie, and on his collar tag we got the address of his owner, and his owner ended up being the rancher around where we hunt (Eastern WA.) His cowboys were quite happy to see the little rascal.

i love little dogs just because i got lucky enough to have a yorkie that rarely barks, but my best friend has a great dane and i love it too!

Back