Big dog or little dog? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Do you prefer a big dog or a little dog?
Big dog 12 85.71%
Little Dog 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 18th, 2005  
03USMC

Toy Poodles? OMG. I'm worried about the state of the Nation.

Big Dogs. My favorite German Shepards by far intelligent, and loyal.

I like Cats too............................................... ..........................

They are marvelous BBQ'd
January 18th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Big dog fella myself.

I have two German Sheps, several Border Collies (w/sheep) a Husky/wolf mix .. and a pug (they are little, but very cool dogs).

I always get my cat in the form of Beef Pepper steak.
January 19th, 2005  
Charge 7

Good to see you have a couple Shepards as well. Border Collies are very smart. A tad too hyper for most folks and unfortunately they wind up in shelters here alot because they became "popular" for the wrong reasons. Pugs are fun. Big dog in a little body. My neighbor had one for years that was very nice. Husky/wolf hybrid huh? I had a German Shepard/wolf hybrid once. Got him from a neighbor who couldn't handle him. Fritz was a damn nice pet. He got people's attention too he he.

My current Shepard, Odin, was named for the Norse god of wisdom (also the King of Aesgard) purely by chance. It proved prophetic. He's the smartest I've ever had and my family has bred them since 1948. I show him what I want him to do once or twice and he has it cold. When I got tired of repainting the door from dog scratches I taught him how to knock. He figured it out in nothing flat. Boom! Boom! That gets me to the door pretty quick. His best trick may be that when he's done playing I just say "Okay you're done. Pick up your toys." and he grabs his frisbee and tennis balls etc. and comes a runnin'. One day I was at the local park and did that. A mother with four little kids came over and said "Can you teach THEM that?"

"I always get my cat in the form of Beef Pepper steak."

ROTFL!
--
Boots
January 19th, 2005  
Skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Big dog fella myself.

I have two German Sheps, several Border Collies (w/sheep) a Husky/wolf mix .. and a pug (they are little, but very cool dogs).

I always get my cat in the form of Beef Pepper steak.
Border Collies are very nice dogs. In September, when my Pa, Brother, and I were deer hunting we came across this border collie, and on his collar tag we got the address of his owner, and his owner ended up being the rancher around where we hunt (Eastern WA.) His cowboys were quite happy to see the little rascal.
January 20th, 2005  
mandi

i love little dogs just because i got lucky enough to have a yorkie that rarely barks, but my best friend has a great dane and i love it too!