Big Cats-Heavy APCs/AFIVs...

SHERMAN

What heavy APCs are out there? I know all the Israeli ones. The newest one is the Merkava based APC, the Namer:

I would personally like to see it deployed with a 20 or 30mm weapon station, but for now its just packing the .50 cal.

Of course the US uses the M2/M3 Bradley.

1BFV01.jpg

I think it's the heaviest IFV the US has in service, but we don't plan as much for urban warfare as the Israeli's do so we chose to put more emphasis on speed as opposed to armor. In the open deserts and plains you can just go around your opponents unlike in city warfare.

this scarry looking thing is the BTR-T from russia. built on a T-55(?) hull with a auto cannon and ATGM launcher.
btr_btr-t%20003.jpg

Did you make different this vehicle ???
The Namer is only a transport-vehicle to bring Soldiers in the Attack-Zone. The Bradley is a Infantry-vehicle who fight with the weapons. The Namer and the others in this Group had only a weapon to self-protection .

We must different : Only for transport
Namer , GTK-Boxer , VBCI , Mowag III C/H

and fighting vehicle :
Bradley , Warrior , SPz Puma ( German-Army ,next Generation)
and momently in service ( SPz Marder )

We must different : Only for transport
Namer , GTK-Boxer , VBCI , Mowag III C/H

and fighting vehicle :
Bradley , Warrior , SPz Puma ( German-Army ,next Generation)
and momently in service ( SPz Marder )

That is a very good point. My aim was to discuss all of these types. Also the problem is that one vehicle may exist in more than one form- the Namer, when and if it carries a 40mm AGL is not a "troop taxi"...

Yes , thats right .
The german Troop-Taxi:) GTK-Boxer can roll without weapon, with a MG or the new GMW ( 40mm Granat Maschinen-Waffe von Heckler und Kock).
I mean, that all vehicle must have a MG or more.
Automatic Weapon Station are now in the production-line.
For the Fennek , the GTK-Boxer , The Dingo 2 and other vehicles
MAN Truck
Look the folow link :

http://www.kmweg.com/gb/frame.php?page=12

Did anyone know at which other country in Europe is momently a order in a timeline for Armoured Personelly Carrier ( APC ) ???

Czech : Pandur II
Portugal : Pandur II
UK : Mowag IV
Austria : Steyr-Pandur
Poland : Rosomak / Patria licenz
Germany : GTK-Boxer ( 2011-2014 )

62 pieces. Apparently we got those already, though I remember reading somewhere that we are getting more...
OH, we sold 84 to Croatia!!!

Last edited:
Well, I have a reason.. Besides being a "GREAT MILITARY LEADER" I'll have to make you believe that our country and especially our war industry is strong and produces high quality stuff...:wink:

No, but it would be funny to make people believe so. Well, actually i haven't seen our M85 backpack to brake down... Nor the composite helmet... Pretty much everything else I have seen or heard to fall to pieces even 81mm and 120mm mortars... AND 155mm CANNON!

EDIT: the 155K98 had bad battery, froze all the time, it is fixed. 120mm mortar was duple loaded and then fired, it blew up killing one and injuring five(happened 2005)... And the 81mm was ran over by un-armoured personal carrier(I was the leader of the mortar squad)...

OH, Never seen RK not to work! Once I had to hit mine against a tree cause it was so frozen I couldn't load it... Worked fine after that.

Last edited:
Back