Big Cats-Heavy APCs/AFIVs... - Page 4

--

January 22nd, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Ain't no way thats a functioning M16. It appears to be an old M16A1 "dummied" into a training rifle.
In fact the more I look the more it appears to be a Rubber Coated Training Rifle.
I am truely clueless on what you just posted! All I know is that what is pictured is what the USAF used during my daughter's Basic Training. I would hope you guys would have more of a clue than I do on this subject, LOL
January 22nd, 2009  
NCO-for-life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Shorts_Momma
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the question...

Basic Training was 6 weeks for her. Her schools were supposed to last about 12 weeks, BUT... she got injured around week 5 and has been on a medical hold since then.
How long training you get before you can be sent to battle or transfered to reserve?

@03USM: Why use rubber coated training guns? We just used our real guns. We just did not get any ammo at first.
January 22nd, 2009  
03USMC

The training rifles are generally used on bayonet and assault courses. Reason is that the powers that be don't want the issued rifles broken or rendered inoperable by all the thrusts and butt strokes delivered on the bag's and targets. That changes when you go to infantry training at least in the Corps. Then you get to try and break a real M16.

It's my understanding that unlike the USMC and US Army the USAF does not issue every trainee or recruit a weapon in Recruit Training. So when they go to do the little Warrior thing they do the Air Scouts get dummy rifles. Apparently a cost overhead thing.

My daughter never has qualed on a weapon in the nearly three years she has been in the Air Scouts. Closest she's come is Fam firing the M16 in basic and the M9 at her unit.
--
January 23rd, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

I talked to my girl. She said the weapon was "real" but the trigger mechanisim was unhooked.

Seems to me that's like going to summer camp and not getting ice cream!
January 23rd, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCO-for-life
How long training you get before you can be sent to battle or transfered to reserve?
Each Airman has to be job qualified before they can be sent to battle. It depends on what job the airman has chosen as to how long the school is.
January 23rd, 2009  
NCO-for-life

How long is the maximum time and how long the minimum?
January 23rd, 2009  
SHERMAN

achem achem....