Big Cats-Heavy APCs/AFIVs...

Well, I haven't gone to bct yet (127 more days!), so the closest I've come to anything like that is a picture of my daughter firing one at her bct.

Attachments

• 510_811.jpg
    510_811.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 11
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the question...

Basic Training was 6 weeks for her. Her schools were supposed to last about 12 weeks, BUT... she got injured around week 5 and has been on a medical hold since then.

Did that answer your question? :)

I just remembered this... It's the day before Chelsea left for Basic Training... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-LZpddYpNo

Last edited:
Ain't no way thats a functioning M16. It appears to be an old M16A1 "dummied" into a training rifle.
In fact the more I look the more it appears to be a Rubber Coated Training Rifle.

Ain't no way thats a functioning M16. It appears to be an old M16A1 "dummied" into a training rifle.
In fact the more I look the more it appears to be a Rubber Coated Training Rifle.

I am truely clueless on what you just posted! All I know is that what is pictured is what the USAF used during my daughter's Basic Training. I would hope you guys would have more of a clue than I do on this subject, LOL :p

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the question...

Basic Training was 6 weeks for her. Her schools were supposed to last about 12 weeks, BUT... she got injured around week 5 and has been on a medical hold since then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-LZpddYpNo

How long training you get before you can be sent to battle or transfered to reserve?

@03USM: Why use rubber coated training guns? We just used our real guns. We just did not get any ammo at first.

The training rifles are generally used on bayonet and assault courses. Reason is that the powers that be don't want the issued rifles broken or rendered inoperable by all the thrusts and butt strokes delivered on the bag's and targets. That changes when you go to infantry training at least in the Corps. Then you get to try and break a real M16.

It's my understanding that unlike the USMC and US Army the USAF does not issue every trainee or recruit a weapon in Recruit Training. So when they go to do the little Warrior thing they do the Air Scouts get dummy rifles. Apparently a cost overhead thing.

My daughter never has qualed on a weapon in the nearly three years she has been in the Air Scouts. Closest she's come is Fam firing the M16 in basic and the M9 at her unit.

I talked to my girl. She said the weapon was "real" but the trigger mechanisim was unhooked.

Seems to me that's like going to summer camp and not getting ice cream!

Back