'Big brother' cameras will soon be 'coordinated' on all UK roads - Page 3

--
'Big brother' cameras will soon be 'coordinated' on all UK roads

May 28th, 2009  
AWOLLY

'one nation under ccty' was by Banksy. For those who don't know him he is a protest art hero. go check him out on google. lots o' good stuff
May 29th, 2009  
rattler

Here we go:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...or-a-year.html

Rattler
May 30th, 2009  
LeEnfield

Now as some one living in Britain all this CCTV does not bother me one little bit, the ones that complain the loudest and longest are usually those who have some thing hide. Any one that steals a car will find that the numbers plates are read by the Cameras and the Police alerted by the computer of were the car is and where it is going. Those that drive with out a licence or insurance will also be high lighted and will have their collars felt. In Central London you can be tracked all over the place by your ticket. Even in the 1980's I could find out just when a member of the my staff had boarded a train for work and when he got off the train and many other things.
The number of crooks, vandals, muggers and even murderers that have been caught by the Police just looking back at these tapes has been enormous If these camera's are removed what benefit would the law abiding public get from this and what benefit would the criminals get, one wonders who is leading this campaign
--
May 30th, 2009  
perseus

Aaaargh! . I've just been the victim of this big brother stuff myself, got a letter today saying 'Photographic evidence shows the vehicle entering the car park at 09:45:09 and departing at 12:11:47.' Obviously, I didn't read the time limit on the supermarket car park! Oh well at least I'm guilty so I'll pay up!

Here how it works, yes it is an ANPR system, hang on what did I say earlier
http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/

Interestingly there is even a gripe forum for this supermarket car park
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=25030
May 31st, 2009  
Rob Henderson

*chuckle* Well well... Looks like it works pretty well. Hahahahaha!
May 31st, 2009  
A Can of Man

Poor perseus. hehe.
May 31st, 2009  
Rob Henderson

That's pretty good stuff there. Heh
May 31st, 2009  
perseus

Don't worry it will be around your town soon!
June 1st, 2009  
wolfen

We have had " traffic cameras" here in the Tidewater area, for a lot of years now, they're so good they can read a Vin number, but can't tell if you run a red light, so NOW we have red light cameras popping up everywhere, and people bitching about them, cause now they can't run a red light without getting a $50 fine.

Personally I think they should obey the traffic laws and stfu (here anyway)
June 1st, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Good post. I agree... The only reason people whine about more surveillance (in this case) is because they can't break the law without getting caught as easily anymore.