Bible Code - Page 4

--
Boots

November 16th, 2004  
Locke

i find it very suspect that all these "prediction" thingies only ever talk about events that have already taken place and how they "knew all along" which is a load of BS
and yeah, read the "da vinci code" it IS FICTION!! its a good read, partially based on fact, with a good amount of fictional and literary liscence thrown in for fun. you cant take stuff like that seriuosly these days
November 16th, 2004  
AussieNick

Quote:
read the "da vinci code" it IS FICTION!! its a good read, partially based on fact, with a good amount of fictional and literary liscence thrown in for fun. you cant take stuff like that seriuosly these days
Oh yeah, of course it's fiction But it's good fiction. makes you think doesn't it.
November 16th, 2004  
Locke

yeah it was a really good read, all of Dan Browns books are worth a look
unfortunately, mum gave it to me for my birthday, which was right before exams, and well, i read it in one sitting, otherwise i would have spread it out and read it instead of studying

just another case of study getting in the way of a good book!!!!!

btw, just finished 'Ghost Force: the secret history of the SAS' by Ken Connor, its a good read, really well done, he goes into the history of all the conflicts, how they started, aftermath etc , highly reccommended read
--
Boots
November 16th, 2004  
mdvaden

I have not heard of it.

But I remember an Egyptian guy folding my bible page one day. (you know how some King James Version bibles have 2 columns per page)

Anyhow, he folds a page in half and creases it. This leaves text from one page meeting text from another page. He thought there might be a secret hidden message that way.
November 16th, 2004  
dougal

Nor have I. But is it suggesting that all of this has happend before?
November 16th, 2004  
Locke

your local borders should have it (lol is there ANYTHING borders dont have??)
November 16th, 2004  
gladius

As far as the "da vinci code" goes, yes it is fiction. The problem is people read it and they think its fact. If you read something that's fiction and you think its fact that may definately screw up your perspective.

I'm not too sure what to think of the Bible code yet. Could be real or bogus, I don't know.

As far as pedrictions goes, the Bible in plain language without the code has already predicted major events before. Such as;

The rise of the Persian empire and its fall the Alexander the Great, and the eventually break-up of Alexanders empire.

The coming of Christ.

The destruction and eventual reformation (twice) of the country of Israel, which is a significant event since no other ancient culture has ever survived intact with its religion after being conquered and its people spread out. Not to mention the fact that it happened twice, and was predicted both times.

To me that just says, that there has to be something beyond what we know to put that there, for it to come true hundreds if not thousands of years later. A normal person no matter how intellectual, with intellect alone could never have done that.
November 16th, 2004  
battery

If it's true we're all going to die in the year 2008.

November 16th, 2004  
Lupos

Quote/ If it's true we're all going to die in the year 2008.

Why 2008?
November 16th, 2004  
Joe252

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
If it's true we're all going to die in the year 2008.

were not gunna die in 2008 its 2012 is the epocolispe