Bible Code

yes gladius, and the people who are like that are SO impresionable they probably shouldn't read any books which aren't mainstream or watch any slightly coocy movies (fightclub, romper stomper etc) as they will most likely be affected by them in a negative way.
these things take a degree of matureness, which some people do not have

Well If We aren't alive in 2012 then bye-bye.

also Interesting fact, The US Elections are held in 2012, so for all we know it could be a sign the elections are going to go bad.

In a sense you can say the bible is all fiction, just like any other fiction book and as such you shouldn't take it to seriously. Sorry to anybody religious here, I'm not trying to open a can of worms, just throwing in a thought.

Joe252 said:
exactly it doesnt dont know where you got that from but get your facts straight man!

Chill. :lol:

I am correcting myself, it's the year 2006.

Drosnin (writer of the best seller The bible Code) believes that the Bible code has revealed when and where the Apocalypse may begin. He says that only two years, the year 2000 and 2006, were clearly encoded with "World War." They were also encoded with the words "atomic holocaust." There is no way to know which year the code means that the war would occur in. The year 2000 is seen twice within the code, but the year 2006 is mathematically the best match. So if the Bible code is right a third World War within the next ten years is very probable. It would be a war fought with weapons of mass destruction that would cause a literal Armageddon. This prediction came from the Isaiah scroll. Isaiah describes a terrible Apocalypse, and also says: "For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a book." This sealed book is of course the Bible code, which tells not only about the Apocalypse but when and where it might begin.

Jerusalem is the only world capital encoded with "atomic holocaust" or "World War." It is located near "your city to be destroyed by an act of terrorism" crossed by "atomic holocaust." It is encoded in a section of the Book of Isaiah that describes the Apocalypse. It is a description that sounds undeniably like that of an atomic explosion, and a nuclear war. The Bible code seems to confirm the Biblical prophecy of Armageddon.

Source: The Bible Code

Though I personally do believe in the Bible, lets face it -- its a lot like Astrology. Many of the prophecies in the Bible are so unclear that you can get whole a lot of milage out of saying, "See, the Bible predicted that would happen right here ..."

I agree with you thier, You can get alot from the Bible in little verses and alot of what it says make's no sense.

In part I agree. That you can interpret something and say, "See, the Bible predicted that would happen right here". There's been alot of that, especially when it comes to people own apocalyptic views of the future.

However, there are instances when the prediction is crystal clear.

You are able to pretty much tell in plain language with no room for excuses really.

For example;

Daniel 8:5-8
While I was observing, behold, a male goat was coming from the west over the surface of the whole earth without touching the ground; and the goat had a conspicuous horn between his eyes.
He came up to the ram that had the two horns, which I had seen standing in front of the canal[Or river ], and rushed at him in his mighty wrath.
I saw him come beside the ram, and he was enraged at him; and he struck the ram and shattered his two horns, and the ram had no strength to withstand him. So he hurled him to the ground and trampled on him, and there was none to rescue the ram from his power
Then the male goat magnified himself exceedingly. But as soon as he was mighty, the large horn was broken; and in its place there came up four conspicuous horns toward the four winds of heaven.

Daniel 8:21-22
"The ram which you saw with the two horns represents the kings of Media and Persia.
"The shaggy goat represents the kingdom[Lit king ] of Greece, and the large horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
"The broken horn and the four horns that arose in its place represent four kingdoms which will arise from his nation, although not with his power.

This prediction was done during Babylonian times, before the zenith of the Medo-Persian empire, and hundreds of years before anyone in Greece even became a power.

What was predicted in plain language is what happened exactly, and in detail. The Medo-Persian fall to Alexander the Great. It even gives the detail about the Ram satnding in front of the river, two of the major battles fought between the two were when Alexander rushed the Persians across a river.
Not to mention the eventual break-up of Alexander's empire into five parts ruled by four kings (or kingdoms, the fifth part was a contested land which no one really ruled).

That a pretty strong case for arguing that the Bible aint just pure fiction. Like I said before there had to be something beyond what we know to put that there. No normal person no matter how smart is able to do that.

There are other examples of these type of predictions but I'm too lazy to dig them up.

--------------

As for the Bible Codes whether we all blow up in 2006 or 2012 I'm still not sure. Even if it were true that the codes are real, just because a word crosses another word doesn't mean its really together or for the same situation. From what I heard the codes were not really meant to predict the future. I could be wrong of course. I hope I'm not though, I really don't like the idea of blowing up anytime soon.

battery said:
Joe252 said:
exactly it doesnt dont know where you got that from but get your facts straight man!

Chill. :lol:

I am correcting myself, it's the year 2006.

Drosnin (writer of the best seller The bible Code) believes that the Bible code has revealed when and where the Apocalypse may begin. He says that only two years, the year 2000 and 2006, were clearly encoded with "World War." They were also encoded with the words "atomic holocaust." There is no way to know which year the code means that the war would occur in. The year 2000 is seen twice within the code, but the year 2006 is mathematically the best match. So if the Bible code is right a third World War within the next ten years is very probable. It would be a war fought with weapons of mass destruction that would cause a literal Armageddon. This prediction came from the Isaiah scroll. Isaiah describes a terrible Apocalypse, and also says: "For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a book." This sealed book is of course the Bible code, which tells not only about the Apocalypse but when and where it might begin.

Jerusalem is the only world capital encoded with "atomic holocaust" or "World War." It is located near "your city to be destroyed by an act of terrorism" crossed by "atomic holocaust." It is encoded in a section of the Book of Isaiah that describes the Apocalypse. It is a description that sounds undeniably like that of an atomic explosion, and a nuclear war. The Bible code seems to confirm the Biblical prophecy of Armageddon.

Source: The Bible Code

It could be prevented, the bible supposebly gives a path with the time line set the way it is, but if lets say they find the nuke for israel in 2005 and disarm it the war will not start and eventually Prevented will appear

i think im going to keep on living my life, and when sulfur rains down, and the earth splits open, who ever predicted that first, i will believe!!!

ah come on now! the world was meant to end about five or six times since i was a child and im still alive, relax people! :roll:

Holocaust= Great destruction resulting in the tremendous loss of life, especially by fire.
When you see the phrase nuclear or atomic holocaust, it doesn't have to mean everything wiped from the planet. Two or Three cities destroyed by Nukes would be an "Atomic Holocaust", it doesn't have to be the whole world. Plus, say that every country didn't just launch bombs out at every country when they saw one coming to their country. They're are other possiblities, and when you think of it, more probable solutions. I really think that the possibility of Global Thermo-nuclear War is just a fear that we have, but only a logical one, that having all these WMD's will cause everyone to one day launch everything they got since they are thinking "If I can't exist, no one will." My point is, the Atomic Holocaust could possibly just be a few major cities being blown up, it doesn't have to be the "End of the World."

Back