BEYOND UMSCHLAGPLATZ IN WARSAW: AREA AND BUILDINGS

Maksym Chornyi

BEYOND UMSCHLAGPLATZ: AREA AND BUILDINGS

I have journeyed to Warsaw in April 2019 and has researched and collected a series of upcoming articles, closely connected with the WW2 and the Holocaust. The fist among the extensively detailed and volumed materials I would like to share is devoted to the infamous ‘UMSCHLAGPLATZ’. The emphasis is made on the history of the surrounding area before, within and after the liquidation of the Warsaw ghetto. It took me more than a month to research the data and to put it together with the archive photos and my own one from the site, along with the map.

As always, I would be grateful for your feedback. Please leave comments, ask questions, corrections, share with the others (Facebook used to ban me from posting groups since January).

https://war-documentary.info/beyond-umschlagplatz-warsaw/

umschlagplatz-cover.jpg

An amazing work of research. I'm currently reading The Nuremberg Trials by Ann John Tusa and these exhibits that you have created are have added a human visceral dimension to the clinical stats provided by the book. Thank you for creating and sharing this important historical presentation.

An amazing work of research. I'm currently reading The Nuremberg Trials by Ann John Tusa and these exhibits that you have created are have added a human visceral dimension to the clinical stats provided by the book. Thank you for creating and sharing this important historical presentation.

I would also recommend The Nuremberg Interviews by Leon Goldensohne (ISBN:9781400030439), it is well worth the time to read.

Got it! Thought about downloading it onto my Kindle and your recommendation sealed the deal. It's next on my to-read list.

Thanks

Got it! Thought about downloading it onto my Kindle and your recommendation sealed the deal. It's next on my to-read list.

Thanks

It is a very interesting read as it shows just how easy it is for what were essentially normal run of the mill people to perpetrate some rather heinous crimes and afterwards use the most idiotic responses to justify them, an example of this is Otto Ohlendorff (head of the Einsatzgruppen) saying "I didn't shoot women. I merely supervised"

It is in spots a long read but it is well worth it.

It is a very interesting read as it shows just how easy it is for what were essentially normal run of the mill people to perpetrate some rather heinous crimes and afterwards use the most idiotic responses to justify them, an example of this is Otto Ohlendorff (head of the Einsatzgruppen) saying "I didn't shoot women. I merely supervised"

It is in spots a long read but it is well worth it.

Looking forward to it. I recall an interview that Goering gave Gilbert. In the beginning Goering was bragging how he ordered the execution of an SA Captain during the purge. And a few moments later he was complaining of being depicted as a murderer with the quote (that I am paraphrasing) "I could never kill anyone. You're a psychologist! You tell me if I could kill someone" or along those lines.

They didn't have a clue.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. I recall an interview that Goering gave Gilbert. In the beginning Goering was bragging how he ordered the execution of an SA Captain during the purge. And a few moments later he was complaining of being depicted as a murderer with the quote (that I am paraphrasing) "I could never kill anyone. You're a psychologist! You tell me if I could kill someone" or along those lines.

They didn't have a clue.

One other topic you may want to look into if you want to try and understand German actions during the NAZI era is the works of Psychologist Stanley Milgram, he carried out a study at Yale University and wrote a book called: Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View.

It is also a hard read in spots but his findings explain a lot.

One other topic you may want to look into if you want to try and understand German actions during the NAZI era is the works of Psychologist Stanley Milgram, he carried out a study at Yale University and wrote a book called: Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View.

It is also a hard read in spots but his findings explain a lot.

Many years ago I had watched a docudrama on his shock experiments. Thanks for the reminder and the book suggestion.

Checked Amazon and downloaded the following on my Kindle:

Obedience to Authority (Harper Perennial Modern Thought) by Stanley Milgram

Understanding Willing Participants, Volume 2: Milgram’s Obedience Experiments and the Holocaust by Nestar Russell (FREE!) - no sign of Volume 1.

I'll work my way through with these two with the option to download more books if I want to dig further.

Thanks again.

Many years ago I had watched a docudrama on his shock experiments. Thanks for the reminder and the book suggestion.

Checked Amazon and downloaded the following on my Kindle:

Obedience to Authority (Harper Perennial Modern Thought) by Stanley Milgram

Understanding Willing Participants, Volume 2: Milgram’s Obedience Experiments and the Holocaust by Nestar Russell (FREE!) - no sign of Volume 1.

I'll work my way through with these two with the option to download more books if I want to dig further.

Thanks again.

The hard copy version of volume 1 is available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Willing-Participants-Obedience-Experiments/dp/3319958151

As is the Kindle version

https://www.amazon.com/Understandin...FKGLC9N/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=

Neither are particularly cheap though.

Back