Best and Worst Tanks of Today and Yesterday

The main reason why Japanese AFV developement was so backward was defined by the nature of the terrain the Japanese mainly fought in - which was mainly jungle or hilly and unsuitable for armour. Thus they never really improved upon their pre-war designs.

As I stated previously a dark horse for the best tank of WW2 could be the Soviet IS-2/IS-3 tank. It was about the same weight as a Panther but it was feared by German panzertruppen as a 'Tiger Killer', and I include King Tigers in this. It was reasonably mobile, had decent protection and a powerful gun. My money's still on the Panther G but the IS-2 was the other great Soviet tank of WW2.

weak points of Japanese tank?
That,s all.
Japan could not make the powerful&small&reliable engine
and cannonball with high spray penetration
later,armour was Soft iron because of lack of Resource.
M2 browning could destroy tank.
They aren,t tank, just Tinplate Coffin.

Too true. The fact that Japan did not rely on them very much at all does not change the fact that they were easily the worst tanks in WW2. Japan excelled in other military hardware, but Tanks weren't exactly done right at all. Can't count it out in my opinion.

the fact they were so bad is to do with the way they used them and had little regard for tanks. they would have little impacted in japan. and they did produce one good tank of the war and tank hunter of the war both were kept in japan for the inversion i well find the name for them.
I read that US tanker when they show them said they would have rip the us armour to shred to the fact the were small with a high powered 75mm gun and a 86mm gun on the later i read so the sherman would have been betting again and from what i read these tanks and tank hunter were meant to be fast and well armoured. they were not made after the war like a lot of the other tanks as japan was band from make weapons of war.
well if this was true the death toll that was predicted would have been to
low.

Back