Best Weapons for Jungle Combat ? - Page 8

--

March 7th, 2012  
brinktk

You're absolutely right about the 9mm. It slipped my mind and now I feel a little sheepish since Vietnam is my area of expertise!

I have seen numerous pictures of guys in the MACV-SOG teams using this weapon. When stealth is paramount, this weapon definitely fits the bill.

These guys regularly were operating out of the VC/ NVA back yard in Laos, Cambodia, and even North Vietnam. If they were engaged, it was able to put out a wall of bullets to give the enemy pause so they could break contact and quickly get out of Dodge!

The Hush puppy was invented specifically for these types of missions and they were put to good use in the jungles and paddies of SE Asia. I would have to say, if it worked for them, then by all means if would work for me!
May 19th, 2012  
trailbrake2088

Not considering variables, a m240b with one of those belt fed 1000 round backpacks. I could do some trimming with that. Also a smith and wesson m&p 9mm for a sidearm silenced of course, also add a viridian laser for fun if your gona die might as well have fun right?
May 19th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailbrake2088
Not considering variables, a m240b with one of those belt fed 1000 round backpacks. I could do some trimming with that. Also a smith and wesson m&p 9mm for a sidearm silenced of course, also add a viridian laser for fun if your gona die might as well have fun right?

Well you won't win any marathons but I suppose?
--
May 20th, 2012  
42RM

Quote:
....if your gona die might as well have fun right?
No, fun with firearms is something we have on a firing range. You have not earned the right yet to come up with that kind of comment.

Just a friendly little advice.
May 20th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
No, fun with firearms is something we have on a firing range. You have not earned the right yet to come up with that kind of comment.

In this scenario I think I'd rather stay unarmed. No weapons means I can carry more water, and or other necessary gear.

Besides, if I was stranded is some armpit jungle somewhere the last thing I'd want to do if I was alone is make myself a phat target by picking up a weapon.

Only to have every narco guerilla/ Rebel fighter/ terroist organization/ Pirate or whoever the local head hunters are put a bead on me.

My main focus would be staying alive and getting out of there, to hell with theatrics.
May 21st, 2012  
trailbrake2088

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM

Ok my bad no dissrespect intended.
May 21st, 2012  
Gator

The best weapon for the Jungle is Napalm.

Used to be Agent Orange, but that caused more trouble in the long run than what it was worth on the battlefield.

The best way to beat someone in the Jungle is to take the being in the Jungle away.
May 21st, 2012  
42RM

Quote:
Ok my bad no dissrespect intended.
I know mate.
I was a little quick on the trigger -sorry. It's just that in the military you will be judged by what you are and what you have done. Remember it when speaking with veterans. No disrespect from me.
May 21st, 2012  
MikeP

Man I get tired of "vets" waiting in ambush to leap upon and pummel folks for what they consider the slightest infraction of some imaginary code or qualification standard.

Some guys ask or make dumb or just odd comments-it's a free country-at least what we say here.

I see thios on seceral boards and it is one of my internet peeves.
May 22nd, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

The best weapon for the jungle must be 42RM if he has his NCO with him. Otherwise he would be lost.