Best Weapons for Jungle Combat ?

Best Weapon is a Royal Marines Commando

Everything else is just hardware :mrgreen:

I also to have a state of mind...

It's called I'll stay the hell out of the jungle and let the professionals carry the frying pans lol.

Last edited:

It's called I'll stay the hell out of the jungle and let the professionals carry the frying pans lol.

Damn right.

Anyone who enjoys paddling in leech infested water can't be right in the head!!!!!

Where's my carpet slippers?????

:drunkb: Showwwwwwwwwwwwwww meeeeeee the way to go homeeeeeeeeeeee. Hic

Last edited:
Damn right.

Anyone who enjoys paddling in leech infested water can't be right in the head!!!!!

Where's my carpet slippers?????

:drunkb: Showwwwwwwwwwwwwww meeeeeee the way to go homeeeeeeeeeeee. Hic

I will meet you at the 109 after I find my other sandal....

Since I can't shift the d@mn thing, and you can't drive right now, how about you work the clutch while I do the steering?:drunkb:

Last edited:
No ammunition shortage there as long as there is bacon...

I like your logic.:-D

chhomerbacon2.jpg

What was someone saying about "A state of mind"?

I will meet you at the 109 after I find my other sandal....

Since I can't shift the d@mn thing, and you can't drive right now, how about you work the clutch while I do the steering?:drunkb:

How about we go for a pint instead?

Last edited:

But Yos, it´s a exotic, alien environment, a dark and slightly forbidding place where adventure is still possible. :mrgreen:

Old timer..^^:peace:^

How about a Swedish K (m45) SMG..Silenced ofcourse for that "What the hell hit that guy" factor.
Uploaded m39b 9mm.

That SMG has the added benefit of using the same ammo as the Glock 17...(Less to carry)
Add a silencer to the pistol and a brain to the head and you can stalk around the jungle untill they cut it all down to use as paneling in Hoolyweed...

KJ sends..
The Swedish K. Not a bad weapon, and then maybe a "hush puppy".
And there's a new predator in town.

A lot of SOF units on the American side used the Swedish Ks in Vietnam with a lot of success. Great for close in fighting, and the only thing you really hear is the slide of the bolt moving when it's fired. Short and light, which won't kill you when you're lugging it around, yet, packing the good old .45 ACP. A fine selection I would say.

An added bonus is they are quite impossible to get to dirty to fire..
A match made in heaven for them "dirty booted guys".

Ahh, a hush puppy would complete the ensamble..heh

@brinktk. Over here the m45 (Swedish K) used an uploaded 9mm (m39b )round.
Leathal at short ranges, the FMJ even penetrates some vests.
The performance of the round decreases rapidly as the engagement range expands but for triple canopy jungle it´s a nasty little weapon to come across.
Rumor has it it was the weapon of choice for the legendary MAJ. Larry Thorne USSF.

KJ sends..

You're absolutely right about the 9mm. It slipped my mind and now I feel a little sheepish since Vietnam is my area of expertise!

I have seen numerous pictures of guys in the MACV-SOG teams using this weapon. When stealth is paramount, this weapon definitely fits the bill.

These guys regularly were operating out of the VC/ NVA back yard in Laos, Cambodia, and even North Vietnam. If they were engaged, it was able to put out a wall of bullets to give the enemy pause so they could break contact and quickly get out of Dodge!

The Hush puppy was invented specifically for these types of missions and they were put to good use in the jungles and paddies of SE Asia. I would have to say, if it worked for them, then by all means if would work for me!

Not considering variables, a m240b with one of those belt fed 1000 round backpacks. I could do some trimming with that. Also a smith and wesson m&p 9mm for a sidearm silenced of course, also add a viridian laser for fun if your gona die might as well have fun right?

Not considering variables, a m240b with one of those belt fed 1000 round backpacks. I could do some trimming with that. Also a smith and wesson m&p 9mm for a sidearm silenced of course, also add a viridian laser for fun if your gona die might as well have fun right?

Well you won't win any marathons but I suppose?

No, fun with firearms is something we have on a firing range. You have not earned the right yet to come up with that kind of comment.

Just a friendly little advice.

In this scenario I think I'd rather stay unarmed. No weapons means I can carry more water, and or other necessary gear.

Besides, if I was stranded is some armpit jungle somewhere the last thing I'd want to do if I was alone is make myself a phat target by picking up a weapon.

Only to have every narco guerilla/ Rebel fighter/ terroist organization/ Pirate or whoever the local head hunters are put a bead on me.

My main focus would be staying alive and getting out of there, to hell with theatrics.

The best weapon for the Jungle is Napalm.

Used to be Agent Orange, but that caused more trouble in the long run than what it was worth on the battlefield.

The best way to beat someone in the Jungle is to take the being in the Jungle away.

Ok my bad no dissrespect intended.
I know mate.
I was a little quick on the trigger -sorry. It's just that in the military you will be judged by what you are and what you have done. Remember it when speaking with veterans. No disrespect from me.

Man I get tired of "vets" waiting in ambush to leap upon and pummel folks for what they consider the slightest infraction of some imaginary code or qualification standard.

Some guys ask or make dumb or just odd comments-it's a free country-at least what we say here.

I see thios on seceral boards and it is one of my internet peeves.

Back