best way to shine shoes?

Navy Boy said:
You don't get much of a good shine in just 5 mins.

Like I said, what you get in 30 minutes with your method, I get doen in 5 to 10 with my method. Besides, don't judge what i can and can't get in five minutes, I was given advice by the National AF Honor Guard, and they know their stuff. It's all about the base coat

USAFAUX2004 said:
Like I said, what you get in 30 minutes with your method, I get doen in 5 to 10 with my method. Besides, don't judge what i can and can't get in five minutes, I was given advice by the National AF Honor Guard, and they know their stuff. It's all about the base coat
O.k. mr.big shot lets see a pic of your shoes.

Navy Boy said:
O.k. mr.big shot lets see a pic of your shoes.

Sure, Let me just get my boots polish them, take a picture, download them to the PC, upload them to photobucket, and link them here...don't get me wrong they are shiny, I just don't go around taking pictures of my boots...

GEEEEEEESH - I got all of you beat ... I now slip my feet into ma shoes and they're just fine ... time: less than 5 seconds. lol

The Reebok QwikShine brush. It works wonders for my shoes. just gotta give a couple of, like USAFUX2004 said, base coats and then all i have to do is give em a once over with the Brush and theyre ready for the parade. or inspection. Gotten a comment everytime from my first sergeant.By the wayside, thats just my nickname for the brush. the real name is just Reebok Black Shine... its kind-of a sponge thing...

by the wayside again. NavyBoy, they may have u beat, they may not. I know myself that CoreFams(sp?)look shinyer than all of them. wipe a Windex cloth over em and you can see the plaque in your teeth. I will comment you, those are some of the best-looking, non-corefam shoes that I personally have ever seen. Job well done sir.

Last edited:
USAFAUX2004 said:
And how do you manage that?
Well, you just walk in the general direction of your "slides" and they sort of become one with you. By the way Chief, I wear my vibrasoles until they need a shine, throw them away and buy a new pair.

Missileer said:
Well, you just walk in the general direction of your "slides" and they sort of become one with you. By the way Chief, I wear my vibrasoles until they need a shine, throw them away and buy a new pair.

yea, I can't afford to buy 80 dollar shoes, plus, they still need to be shined when they are new

USAFAUX2004 said:
yea, I can't afford to buy 80 dollar shoes, plus, they still need to be shined when they are new

$80.00? Where do you shop, Bloomingdale's? I'm talking $8.00 at Walmart. :-?

FutureDevilDog said:
Stop reffering to everone as "Mr. Big Shot" and stop the caps writing, it hurts mah earsies.
Well shit mr.Bulldogg everybodys thinking they can do better then me so I want to see it with my own two eyeballs.

USAFAUX2004 said:
Well I am talking about US made Jungle boots

Oh, those. When I shined my boots, I wasn't allowed to stand formation with the rest of the battery because beside mine, the rest looked like they had used Hershey bars on theirs.:salute2:

Those are very good shoes, Navy Boy!

I just build up a base coat, then bull with polish. No fancy lighters or whatnot. Just spit and Kiwi black polish! It takes a while to build up a good shine, but that's an excellent excuse for me to procrastinate on homework and watch TV!

A little side note: I don't know about in the other JROTC services, but in NJROTC corfam (plastic) shoes are illegal for inspections and are frowned down upon for wear at all. In the real military, NCOs like Chief Bones and Officers are allowed to wear them, because supposedly they've already proven their responsibility whatnot. In JROTC, using liquid and sponge polishers are frowned upon, and either way they don't nearly deliver the same level of shine as real polishing.

Firstly, in my unit, the First Sergeant said that if you want to spend the money on em, go ahead and buy the corfams. JROTC sponge polishers...Lt.Col. Herd stated specifically that he used them before he bought his corfams...As to shine, they do well enough to get me a compliment every time...

Back