Best Warriors

--
Boots

January 31st, 2005  
Doomprophet

Topic: Best Warriors

Who do you think has been the most powerfull hand to hand combat warriors
been in history. I heard lots about the Samurai, or the romans
now i want to hear your opinion about the fiercest, best, coolst,most skilled or best equipped warriors you know (no ranged combat)

I for myself think it may have been the Gothic Knights
They were highly trained fighting machines, which were trained from the age of 6 to the age of 21!!! Equipped with a sword, a plate Armor and Iron will
they have been truly mean Warriors
January 31st, 2005  
serbianpower

montenegrians.
January 31st, 2005  
KC72

Big beserking vikings sceaming as they attack with huge weapons
--
Boots
January 31st, 2005  
Vitaly

Teutonic Knights or Knights of the Order of Templar
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Those Samurais were really something else.
February 1st, 2005  
Popeye

A friend informed me that he did a project on Shaolin Monks and he claims he learned that Samurai's tried to invade them and Shaolin Monks defeated their invasion.

I have no knowledge of this and I am getting more information right now as I type, so hopefully I can clarify if this is actually true or not.

Regardless, Shaolin Monks are warriors without a doubt in my mind, and should definitely be considered up there with all the others.

However, I think it is too hard to actually name a "Best Warrior". There have been so many wars and conflicts fought with a unaccountable amount of bravery and skill. I think it is too broad to call one group the best... because we have to look at this rationally. Would the Vikings today survive against the U.S. Military? No... and for obvious reasons. This is not to say that the Vikings weren't true warriors of their time - because no doubt they were... but to say there was one group or warrior as the best is too ignorant, because there are too many aspects of the wars and battles that have been fought.

The best can withstand the test of time - for instance, arguably Michael Jordan is the best NBA player ever... why? because what he did still stands today. The game of basketball has rarely changed, and even though Jordan was in the past, he was still apart of the same game we play today.

However, war is constantly changing... our involvement grows and differs from previous engagements, and there are so many soldiers who fought with such valiant and steadfast dedication. We must respect the individual soldier who has sacrificed himself for a good cause to mankind, for he is the true warrior - and that is what makes him better then the rest.

Just my humble opinion.
February 1st, 2005  
Popeye

A friend informed me that he did a project on Shaolin Monks and he claims he learned that Samurai's tried to invade them and Shaolin Monks defeated their invasion.

I have no knowledge of this and I am getting more information right now as I type, so hopefully I can clarify if this is actually true or not.

Regardless, Shaolin Monks are warriors without a doubt in my mind, and should definitely be considered up there with all the others.

However, I think it is too hard to actually name a "Best Warrior". There have been so many wars and conflicts fought with a unaccountable amount of bravery and skill. I think it is too broad to call one group the best... because we have to look at this rationally. Would the Vikings today survive against the UA.SA. Military? No... and for obvious reasons. This is not to say that the Vikings weren't true warriors of their time - because no doubt they were... but to say there was one group or warrior as the best is too ignorant, because there are too many aspects of the wars and battles that have been fought.

The best can withstand the test of time - for instance, arguably Michael Jordan is the best NB player ever... why? because what he did still stands today. The game of basketball has rarely changed, and even though Jordan was in the past, he was still apart of the same game we play today.

However, war is constantly changing... our involvement grows and differs from previous engagements, and there are so many soldiers who fought with such valiant and steadfast dedication. We must respect the individual soldier who has sacrificed himself for a good cause to mankind, for he is the true warrior - and that is what makes him better then the rest.

Just my humble opinion.
February 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

This topic has been done.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=7316
February 1st, 2005  
serbianpower

seriously I would say kossacks, wikings and spartans.
February 1st, 2005  
Whispering Death

I don't know who'se the best but I romanticise the Spartans above all other cultures as my personal favorite.