Best war song

And how exactly does that one go? I remember Burdon had a group called War not a song. He formed it after the Animals. Now if you had said Barrett Strong or Norm Whitfield out of Motown, I'd understand because they wrote the song. But Eric Burdon? I don't think so :?
Burdon did have a good anti-war song which was heard a lot it was called Sky Pilot, which was a term we soldiers used for Chaplains.

Off Topic, different war but very catchy...

1946 song by Hoagy Carmichael called "I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doing Those Beat-o, Beat-o, Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues

(yes this is the title and the song!)

I'm a Cranky Old Yank

in a Clanky Old Tank

on the Streets of Yokohama

with my Honolulu Mama

Doing Those Beat-o, Beat-o

Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues!

:D

Redneck said:
Any of you all ever heard The Charlie Daniels Band's "Still in Saigon?"

yeah, i have it on his greatest hits cd. that song has a real good personification of what a vietnam vet had to go through post war. steve earle's copperhead road is another good one in that genre of music.

jimmi hendrix, all along the watchtower=best vietnam song ever. its almost cliche now using it in a vietnam war movie.

Yeah good song there,but what do you guys think,did air cav use any songs in the assault phase?? :eek:fftopic: though :lol:

Marksman what are you talking about when you asked if the air/cav was using songs? What woiuld they have used them for? What asault are you referring to? I know you were joking there but I guess I don't get it. :?

I believe he's referring to the playing of the Ride of the Valkeries in Full Metal Jacket by the Air Cav, Top.

Back