Best war game ever...

What game is it?

And please do not post that many large images in one post, use links instead.
It makes it a lot easier to read and load.
(I've changed it for you now)

Sorry for the big pics, thought that it wont be such a problem. Will do it your way from now on.
The game is Operation Flashpoint:Resistance 1.96
It comes with a powerful editor, it's own scripting language (fairly easy to get accustomed to), average map size of 10x10 Km and a community which releases something new to download almost every week (troops, planes, tanks, scripts, APC's, howitzers, choppers...)

Operation Flashpoint rocks, but I did never try the Resistance add-on...

If you've been away from it for about a year or so...everything's changed.

One dude even did a graphics update to bring it up to Dx9 standard (water reflections, better NV goggles...) and the addons, there's more to choose then all other games put together and the scripts (I love 'em).

For example in that pic where a humvee is exiting the C-130, that's running a cargo script behind which is a fast loop attaching the humvee to the cargo point (defined in addon config/model)

There's scripts which allow you to control entire battle groups not just the default 12 man limit. But for those + any decent amount of OPFOR you need a good comp, though it's less intensive on the CPU if you do it by spawning the OPFOR once you get close to their positions...

I believe this game gives freedom of choice what you wanna do, that's why I bother with it so much. I don't even play anymore I just make myself various fast skirmishes (the Chinese guys released their pack not so long ago, been blasting that Type-98 with my Leo2A6 regularly :D )

Oh and Resistance is an official expansion + patches which improves the game a lot.

#EDIT:

Check this out
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/NOint7.jpg

it's a hotlink, will remove it in a day or two.

Flashpoint rocks. It's a good thing that the game is getting old, which means that you can get it really cheap nowadays. A couple of months ago I bought Game of the year-edition which has all the add-ons included, such as Red Hammer and the Resistance add-on. All this for a mere 17 euros. :)

With Resistance you even get better textures so it even looks a bit better than the first. Another thing about Flashpoint is that it has some excellent modifications such as the Finnish Defence Forces mod & Wargames, which make it even better.

BTW: I read somewhere that Bohemia Interactive is currently busy making Flashpoint 2.

Hm, maybe I should dig up Flashpoint again, and give resistance a try.. :)

Back