• Citidel Dress

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other uniforms(specify)

• Wranglers

• Total voters

silent driller

I believe it's the Marine Corps Dress Blue-Whites. Right after that is the Navy Dress Whites. Nuff outta me. Whatta y'all think?

Why don't you have the Army Dress Blues on there? Oh yeah, because that would make your poll too one-sided ;) :lol: . Just kidding, but our "greens" (I'm thinkin you're talking about our green Class A's) are not the Army's dress uniform, we have Dress Blues, too, although unlike the Marines, ours are color-coordinated ;) .

I have worn both Army and Marine Corps uniforms.

Army: too many "I'm a badass hooah" patches/badges. Liked wearing my jump boots with my A's. Berets were nicer than C-caps and garrison. Blues, on par with the A's - more formal, but same design and comfortable, easy to remove in a pinch. Looks sharp. Extremely proud to wear any and all uniforms issued.

Mairne Corps: Less "I'm a badass hooah" patches/badges, makes it easier and cheaper to maintain daily uniforms. Blues, just as many shiney things as on Army. Hot and constricting around the neck, difficult to remove in a pinch. Looks twice as sharp as Army. Like Army, extremely proud to wear any uniform issued.

As for the whites, I don't like them - they make me look fat. :D

All in all, I prefer a nice comfortable, crisply pressed set of BDUs/cammies.

The new ACUs the Army is testing. They have variants for desert, urban ops and woodland. I like the extra pockets on the legs and the shoulders, the velcro on the shoulder pockets seems pretty convenient for sanitizing your shiz before you take a walk anywhere.

It is kinda difficult to find a sewing shop that will sew velcro onto your patchesthough. The ability to apply IR tape (glint tape), name tags or blood-type tags is invaluable though. Just like anything else, you have people that don't like them... but I love 'em.

Redneck said:
Why don't you have the Army Dress Blues on there? Oh yeah, because that would make your poll too one-sided ;) :lol: . Just kidding, but our "greens" (I'm thinkin you're talking about our green Class A's) are not the Army's dress uniform, we have Dress Blues, too, although unlike the Marines, ours are color-coordinated ;) .

Cool Beans. Didn't know the Army had Blues(How do you edit a poll?)

Redneck said:
There, I edited the hell out of it for you. ;) :lol:

Wranglers .. very feminine jeans, did you add that option for the women? :D

We had some fairly nice uniforms in the IDF as well, of course, nothing like the buggers have now.

The blouse is actually the same as the Marine Corps Dress Blue blouse. So I suspect it's blue(the absolute darkest shade of it). But that is pretty cool.

silent driller said:
The blouse is actually the same as the Marine Corps Dress Blue blouse. So I suspect it's blue(the absolute darkest shade of it). But that is pretty cool.

If you are refering the the uniforms we are using on the photos, than they are actually black.. ;)

I thought the Marine Blues blouse was black until I put it under pure, really white light. Then I saw the hint of blue in it. Very neat.

silent driller said:
I thought the Marine Blues blouse was black until I put it under pure, really white light. Then I saw the hint of blue in it. Very neat.

Are you trying to argue with Redleg about what color his own uniform is? :? :lol:

Simple, are you kidding? They have the most lavish dress uniform in the country. All them shiny buttons and borders and pleats an everythin.

Back