best uniforms

View Poll Results :What service has the coolest uniform?
Marine Blues/ Blue Whites 22 55.00%
Navy Whites 4 10.00%
Army Dress Blues 3 7.50%
Air Force Blues 5 12.50%
VMI Dress 0 0%
Citidel Dress 0 0%
other uniforms(specify) 5 12.50%
Wranglers 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 5th, 2004  
silent driller

Topic: best uniforms

I believe it's the Marine Corps Dress Blue-Whites. Right after that is the Navy Dress Whites. Nuff outta me. Whatta y'all think?
May 6th, 2004  
Redneck

Why don't you have the Army Dress Blues on there? Oh yeah, because that would make your poll too one-sided . Just kidding, but our "greens" (I'm thinkin you're talking about our green Class A's) are not the Army's dress uniform, we have Dress Blues, too, although unlike the Marines, ours are color-coordinated .
May 6th, 2004  
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
although unlike the Marines, ours are color-coordinated .
Only cuz it takes a Marine to pull that look off.
--
Boots
May 6th, 2004  
RnderSafe

I have worn both Army and Marine Corps uniforms.

Army: too many "I'm a badass hooah" patches/badges. Liked wearing my jump boots with my A's. Berets were nicer than C-caps and garrison. Blues, on par with the A's - more formal, but same design and comfortable, easy to remove in a pinch. Looks sharp. Extremely proud to wear any and all uniforms issued.

Mairne Corps: Less "I'm a badass hooah" patches/badges, makes it easier and cheaper to maintain daily uniforms. Blues, just as many shiney things as on Army. Hot and constricting around the neck, difficult to remove in a pinch. Looks twice as sharp as Army. Like Army, extremely proud to wear any uniform issued.

As for the whites, I don't like them - they make me look fat.

All in all, I prefer a nice comfortable, crisply pressed set of BDUs/cammies.
May 6th, 2004  
xer0cool

The new ACUs the Army is testing. They have variants for desert, urban ops and woodland. I like the extra pockets on the legs and the shoulders, the velcro on the shoulder pockets seems pretty convenient for sanitizing your shiz before you take a walk anywhere.

It is kinda difficult to find a sewing shop that will sew velcro onto your patchesthough. The ability to apply IR tape (glint tape), name tags or blood-type tags is invaluable though. Just like anything else, you have people that don't like them... but I love 'em.
May 6th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: lol

I like the Russian dress uniform...
May 6th, 2004  
silent driller

Quote:
Why don't you have the Army Dress Blues on there? Oh yeah, because that would make your poll too one-sided . Just kidding, but our "greens" (I'm thinkin you're talking about our green Class A's) are not the Army's dress uniform, we have Dress Blues, too, although unlike the Marines, ours are color-coordinated .
Cool Beans. Didn't know the Army had Blues(How do you edit a poll?)
May 6th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Only Redleg and Redneck can; i had this problem too.
May 7th, 2004  
Redneck

There, I edited the hell out of it for you.
May 7th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
There, I edited the hell out of it for you.
Wranglers .. very feminine jeans, did you add that option for the women?

We had some fairly nice uniforms in the IDF as well, of course, nothing like the buggers have now.