Not open for further replies.
shaggydog said:
Anya1982 said:
03USMC said:
jz said:
Irish.
I like the film "brave heart"

William Wallace was a Scotsman ;)

Wow glad to know your switched on............................william wallace was a cealtic like the irish are....................

Didn't america try and invade afgan like 100 yrs ago and get kicked out in 24hrs?

24hrs?There were 3 Afgan wars involving the British,they all lasted longer than 24hrs.The Anglo-Afghan wars (1839–1842, 1878–1880, and 1919) ended inconclusively.

Thanks for clearing that up i never really knew much about that.................my mate is afgan and he kept saying something about it lol

dougal said:
William Wallace was a Scotsman

He was fiction but the whole thing was filmed in Ireland.

I think it would have to go to Ireland, We battled Normans, English, Famine, imagration for 100s of years and turned out to be one of the wealthiest countries.

Yeah dream on.................the battlefield scene and woods and the villiage scens were filmed in inverness thank you very much................

me and cousins were watching them film it

dougal said:
William Wallace was a Scotsman

He was fiction but the whole thing was filmed in Ireland.

Are you referring to the movie being fiction or the actual man?
If you mean the screenplay, then I agree as far as history goes it was crap! (The battle of Stirling Bridge should have a bloody bridge!)
But if you are referring to the man, I must respectfully disagree.

Here is one of many links to information on him.

http://www.highlanderweb.co.uk/wallace/

As far as my opinion regarding the best underdogs, I would have to go the Scots as well - and yes, I am biased.

How about 29 people enjoying a drink in the pub?All blown to bits,when do they get justice?

You would want to watch what you say shaggydog, Your a prime example of why most people in most countries dont like the english, and its a pity.

Dont make me dragg up inhumane crimes by your goverment.

No offence to Anya or Beardo or anyone else from UK in here, but I shouldnt think there would be.

Topic reminder: The best Underdogs in history?

This thread is very close to being locked, please stay on topic from now on, and watch your comments!

Thanks.

Several of you are walking pretty close to the edge here, if you cannot behave in a mature and responsible manner, find another place to spend your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back