Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Churchill VII

• Type 97(Oh well...)

• M15/42

• Total voters
Maus was just a prototype though right. But I have read of it being used to defend the proving grounds it was at towards the end of the war.

maus ;)

cmaus.jpg

188 tons, 128mm cannon with coaxial 75mm cannon, heavy but reliable, to save ammo, you would run over a enemy tank rather then waste a huge shell on it :D

Kubinka tank museum, this is the museum that has it......It is just a shell no instruments or equipment in it. I believe it was used for target practice for a while but they could not destory it so they hauled it back to Russia. :lol:

lol

It is just a shell no instruments or equipment in it. I believe it was used for target practice for a while but they could not destory it so they hauled it back to Russia.

Kind of too big for practising...

Didn't the Russians have a heavy tank that was superior to anything else the rest of the world had? And the driver couldnt see so the driver had to stand on the shoulders of the driver and move his leg to steer?

maus

188 tons, 128mm cannon with coaxial 75mm cannon, heavy but reliable, to save ammo, you would run over a enemy tank rather then waste a huge shell on it
only two were made,one could move from berlin cuz he was too heavy,eaven air-strike couldnt destroy it,so they waited until the crew was so exosted to come out for food and water when they were killed.For thr other one no one knows where it is. :lol:

Panzer VI Tiger all the way. Heavy, well equipped, well armoured. Only problems were it's maneuverability and it's turret rotation speed being too slow.

Panzer VI Tiger all the way. Heavy, well equipped, well armoured. Only problems were it's maneuverability and it's turret rotation speed being too slow.

OK PEOPLE QUIT WITH THE HEAVIES.....THIS IS ABOUT THE MEDIUMS...

After they seen that 4 shermans(tanks in this case :lol: )go on one tigar,brits mounted a bigger gun on sherman and POOF there you go Firefly ready to go,that gun decreased speed but inuced a fire superiority
So the there were 2 fireflys on one tigar :lol:

sherman105 said:
OK PEOPLE QUIT WITH THE HEAVIES.....THIS IS ABOUT THE MEDIUMS...

Whoops, my bad. I didn't see the last bit of your original post. If that's the case then...I'd say the Panzer V Pather.

Before they mounted a bigger gun on T-34,only his speed and quantity made him a deacent enemy to german heavies

Until the end of 1943, T-34 was the king. After Panther showed up(which was a heavy tank, not a medium one) T-34 regiments had difficult time taking on panthers.

Panther was a great tank, but it had gaseline engine, which had severe mechanical problems. Also, because of allied bombing, germans had trouble producing high quality armor(i dont remember the whole story). So Panther's armor wasn't that much good.

My choice: T-34.

i'd pick the panther, but most german tanks had gasoline engines unless they ran into supply problems and had to use diesel ones *bad idea* but the panther was a medium tank, it was one of the heavier ones though, the "standard tank weight classification" is a bit odd , i think this is what it was

6-23 tons - light tank
24-47 tons - medium tank
47-60 tons - heavy tank
60 tons plus - super heavy
100 tons plus - moving fortress J/J no moving fortess', just REALLY heavy tanks

Back