Which is the best state in the USA, and why?

LOL

umm neways, new mexico is more ofa desert....had enough of that really. Want something like ...uhh, green! maybe the north west could help u imagine what i am trying to say..

C/CMSgt Henderson said:
Alabama. Come to Huntsville and you can crash at my place. Ill take ya to the Shilo Battle Field and the Chattanooga Aquarium(best aquarium second to Washington D.C.), and the Atlanta Zoo, and much more... South East US rules!!

lol, you told him to go to Alabama so you could go to a zoo in Georgia?

Whatever you do, do not come to South Dakota, reason? I live here and I know what it is like. There is that one week in August that is kind of nice, but other than that it sucks.

C/CMSgt Henderson wrote:

"I know some of the characters by name. Not the Disney name...their real name. Like John as Goofy, he works from 10-7 on Wednesdays...I know...sad right"?

LOL,

Yeah, your definitely a regular. Try to look at the bright side, at least the beer is the normal percentage. I've lived in Salt Lake City for some time now and the beer you buy in the stores here is only 3.2 :( . The funny thing is you can still get just as drunk, you just have to drink twice as much :roll: .

lol...thats bad...as to what damien said..it meant that Alabama is sort of a central place to all the neat places to go to in the South East...damn people are picky sometimes.

MightyMacbeth said:
LOL

umm neways, new mexico is more ofa desert....had enough of that really. Want something like ...uhh, green! maybe the north west could help u imagine what i am trying to say..

Actually, NM has quite a bit of Woodland towards the northern border.

The Great State of Florida.

We never surrendered our capital to Union Forces during the War of Northern Aggression. We have the best beaches. We are the Cruise Ship Capital of the world. We have all of the best theme parks. Great weather most of the time. A large population of different cultures. Great food. The oldest town in North America. Great Women. Gambling. No FREAKING COLD WINTERS! One of the best Police Departments in the World. NO STATE INCOME TAX! And all the old people that you want, but also all the young folks too. Did I mention that we are one of the most pro-gun states in the Union and we started the whole CCW Idea. Also three words. SPRING BREAK & NASCAR!

5.56X45mm said:
The Great State of Florida.

We have all of the best theme parks. Great weather most of the time.

yes, except for when all the hurricanes come through:-o

Padre said:
Guys, what's Alaska like, what's there to see?

Possibly the last bit of untainted land in America. Almost all Americans dream to one day visit Alaska that and Hawaii, I think almost all do, I know everyone in South Dakota does, but they all want to go hunting and fishing up there. Some people, we'll just call them liberals, don't like to hunt and think that others should not be allowed to either.

It's wide open territory for the most part free of the effects of the modern man, I can't really describe it because I have never been there, I would love to, but as of yet I have not made it up there, and those who have been there have trouble describing it because words do not do it justice, or so I am told.

I think you should visit North Carolina. It has great beaches with great sights like Kitty Hawk (where the first flight was made by the Wright Brothers on Kill Devil Hill) and Cape Hatteras with it's awesome lighthouse. Beaufort is a great historic waterfront town, while inland, Raleigh and Chapel Hill are fairly modern cities. And farther west you ahve the Appalachain Mountains and the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. You can see the Cherokee Indian Reservation and vivit the Musem of the Cherokee Indian there. Plus it's located in the in the former CSA which makes it a whole hell of a lot better than anything above the mason-dixon line.

...Just remember to stay out of South Carolina and you'll be fine.

cape%20hatteras%20lighthouse.jpg

Cape Hatteras
T000266A.jsm

Blue Ridge Mountains, NC

www.visitnc.com

Last edited:
Florida has everything you need.

We have beaches...
Miami%20Florida001.jpg

South%20Beach%20Girls.JPG

Florida%20-%20Miami%20-South%20Beach%20hotels%20night%20LR.jpg

Racing...
boat-2005.jpg

stewart-misses-busch.jpg

Robbie%20Yoakam%20dominated%20the%20Florida%20Mini%20Stock%20Challenge%20for%20his%20fifth%20win%20of%20the%20season.Auto%20Racing.jpg

195.jpg

Bike Week...
daytona_beach_bike_week.jpg

Hunting & Fishing...
islazulFlorida_hunting.JPG

42304.jpg

deer_hunting.jpeg

amity%20randall%20dorado.jpg

southern%20wildlife%20osceola.jpg

osceola%20outfitters%20gator%20boat.jpg

florida%20wahoo.jpg

Florida, AARPdom. I notice none of those photos show the 80 year old ladies crusin' the beaches. :D

Nice pictures. Yeah I thought major highlights of FL were the old ladies cruising the beaches and old pimps hitting downtown.. he he kidding.

Damien435 said:
Possibly the last bit of untainted land in America. Almost all Americans dream to one day visit Alaska that and Hawaii, I think almost all do, I know everyone in South Dakota does, but they all want to go hunting and fishing up there. Some people, we'll just call them liberals, don't like to hunt and think that others should not be allowed to either.

It's wide open territory for the most part free of the effects of the modern man, I can't really describe it because I have never been there, I would love to, but as of yet I have not made it up there, and those who have been there have trouble describing it because words do not do it justice, or so I am told.

I was there on business and you're right about the indescribable part. I flew into Fairbanks and drove to Delta Junction. I stopped about 80 miles out of Fairbanks in the tundra country and got out of the car to listen to quiet. That's exactly what I got, the absence of sound is such that you will know how totally deaf people experience the world around them. There was a huge glacier to the SE and lodgepole pine forest everywhere that the glacier hadn't scraped smooth. I flew in and out on clear days and all you can see are mountains and canyons with rivers. I know that most of the part I flew over is completely inaccessible unless you can find a lake big enough to land on. It is pristine because no one can reach it. I guess the word I would use is majestic.

Back