Which is the best state in the USA, and why?

I've been to California, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, and Utah. My favorite was probably either California or Oregon. The California red-woods are so great. The trees are just plain amazing. If you are ever in California, visit the red-woods. And as for Oregon, I was there on the coast for about a week or two when I was a kid. I don't remember all that much, but what I do remember, it was pretty cool. I liked the coast a lot. Don't forget the California red-woods though. Awesome stuff..... :)

Well, where I live, its a small town, so everybody is nice to one another. Everything is modern, we can walk next door and just walk in to visit people, plus you are right in the heart of one of the greatest victories of the Southern Confederacy, The Battle of Chicamauga. So we have alot of historical value here in the Tennesee Valley.

I would say go to the Northern part of Virginia. You've got civil war battlesites and you're close the nation's capitol. only downside is the amount of :cen: traffic.

Man it takes a long time to get through virginia...when i go to visit my grandma it takes the main part of the trip to go through virgina.

dude, the southern part is boring anyway. i was saying if you want to visit virginia, visit northern virginia. i can't help it this place is huge. :D

Alaska, great if you like seclusion and the beauty, but if cold bothers you just visit. Northern California and Oregon are sort of overwhelming when you first arrive because of the huge size of the forests. Overcrowding is not a problem there, people are almost as laid back as when I was in Vermont.
Some people are drawn to the desert. New Mexico and Arizona are great for the outdoors types. Last time I was in Az, there was a lot of building around Tucson and getting crowded.

Montana has always appealed to me for some reason. The capital has a gentle and sexy name, Helena (one of my hottest friends' name is Helene, so I think some perverted association comes into play), and then it's huge and a lot of wilderness. I don't know why- never been there though.

Italian Guy said:
Montana has always appealed to me for some reason. The capital has a gentle and sexy name, Helena (one of my hottest friends' name is Helene, so I think some perverted association comes into play), and then it's huge and a lot of wilderness. I don't know why- never been there though.

I've been through it. They call it Big Sky country and you can see why at night away from civilization. It sort of seems like you're standing on a small bit of earth and the rest is sky.

Back