The best politically incorrect US military videos of all time?

m16musicc

The most politically incorrect US military videos of all time?

life of a marine grunt part 1

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDzjtyfLTE&feature=watch_response[/ame]

life of a marine grunt part 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBOXQvx1xNM"]Life of a Marine Grunt PART 2 - YouTube[/ame]

share your opinions, by all means....

Last edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDzjtyfLTE&feature=watch_response

life of a marine grunt part 2

Life of a Marine Grunt PART 2 - YouTube

I watched about... thirty seconds of this. Didn't bother watching the second part. I'm too disgusted. This is disgusting, those Marines give you a very bad impression of American troops in Afghan. That is disgraceful behaviour. Worthy of a court martial.

Nay, they should be shot. Complete immaturity and idiocy. And these boys are supposed to be the US's "cream of the crop". My God...

I watched about... thirty seconds of this. Didn't bother watching the second part. I'm too disgusted. This is disgusting, those Marines give you a very bad impression of American troops in Afghan. That is disgraceful behaviour. Worthy of a court martial.

Nay, they should be shot. Complete immaturity and idiocy. And these boys are supposed to be the US's "cream of the crop". My God...

hmmm, so let me get this straight:
you are a young little Canadian (probably video game playing, too-many-moto-military-movie watching) kid.
you have no military experience what so ever in the US or of any other infantry forces.
You have no experience at all in any kind of grunt forces in combat areas.
Nor have you ever been overseas deployed in these environments,
nor do you have any experiences of any kind of fathomable assessment of a deployment as a grunt under the kind of stress and coping sarcasm you would need and could only understand through direct experience.
gotcha :bravo:next...

Last edited:
Grunt or not, that is no excuse to behave like that.

Perhaps I was a little heavy-handed with my first comment. Because what I saw shocked me. The Coalition Forces are building an Afghanistan for the future... those children that the Marine is swearing at, and having them repeat what he says... those are the ones that will grow up and remember what he has told them. Because he is a Westerner, and to many of them, Westerners are good and wise.

That Marine is representing his country - as is every soldier on the battlefield where the people that they are surrounded by, don't know much about America, and the West in general. He is acting in a very unprofessional manner, the operations in Afghanistan are not only to engage and eliminate the Taliban threat, but also to win the 'hearts and minds' of the people.

Do you think that saying all of these things to them is winning their hearts and minds? When they go home and say, "Mummy, Daddy, an American soldier told me this, this and this today." What do you think their parents reactions will be?

I get the feeling this isn't the first time that this has happened, and it probably won't be the last. Discipline is needed, especially when the goal of the entire operations in Afghanistan is to eventually, effectively, "hand it back" to the Afghan people.

Many Afghan children see America and the West as heroes, ones to be listened to and learned from. If they're listening to things like and learning from that... then God help it.

You are correct of your assessment of me. I do not have any military experience, nor have I ever been in a combat zone. But, I do have my head screwed on right, unlike, in my opinion, the soldier in this video.

This is still disgraceful behaviour, however you slice it.

Grunt or not, that is no excuse to behave like that.

You are correct of your assessment of me. I do not have any military experience, nor have I ever been in a combat zone.

this is why you have a lot to learn kid. Ive come across many like you who are eager to join the military, moto, and young.
you may think your head is right, and thats good, but this is where learning from experience comes from.
there are exceptions to standards for many MANY reasons in combat environments.
experience in that is something you do not have.
You will never be in this situation, but even if you theoretically were,
you would look back at your comment and laugh at that moto stuff you just wrote. TRUST ME lol
your perception of standard is entirely media, and recruiting poster-movie based, and is therefore very ignorant and limited to the real deal of the infantry life.
it is definitely not what you think it is or think it should be, but ironically that is for good reasons beyond the superficial bad ones you think.

Last edited:

like one here has already said... I too watched about 2mins of the first and 30 seconds of the second one and thought to myself

what a bunch of azzholes........

oh, and before you term me as a small American wannabe REMF I have BTDT, in Vietnam, Central Highlands, 173rd Airborne Brigade, armor recon, and Infantry - see avatar to visualize environment......... what I have learned in VN is you DO NOT mess with the kids... you have chow that you do not like... give it to them, one they probably could use it or, they sell it to mama-san and make a few cents... sometime when you aren't acting like an azzhole you might even give them a chocolate bar or two......... oh, and those hootches you live in? Complaining about the rain? Try living in the jungle 24/7 for a few weeks at a time and then only get 1-2 days to replenish before you are out in it again....

noper, your speach was an instant turn off, along with the *gangsta* hand gestures schit..........

wanted honest opinions - ya got it.

now, YOU have three alternatives

1) lash out

2) withdraw inside yourself or

3) think about what was said and correct your major malfunction.

PS: I would guess that you came to the wrong venue to post this crap too - just guessing mind you ... you might become a big hit, who knows

Last edited:
I understand where the humor comes from. But you must remember that you represent the U.S. military. Everything you say and do in public will be redirected back to the U.S. armed forces.

Those of us who are or have been in the system can recognize the sarcasm but if it is perceived adversely by the public then you will detriment the military's reputation.

One thing I will comment: The children - I would not accept that my Marines taught them these phrases. Interaction is great if it is done with respect. We are guests in their country and these children deserve to be treated in a respectful manner. You have to think ahead, it's you with your attitude that determines which side they choose as adults. As a Marine, you are a diplomat and warrior - just keep in mind when you are the one or the other.

I reckon if packs of kids can wind you up even as a camp counsellor then it must drive you a little crazy over there. They did show themselves giving the kids their gum and hanging out with them, have coffee with locals and generally acting like normal human beings, i presume 95% of the time.

Also I think being at stand to naked is totally nuts hahaha

But yeah I doubt its a fair portrayl of their behaviour there, more what was deemed the 'funny bits' for the movie.

I think the OP knows exactly what the response would be, hence his request for opinions...

Some of it is harmless banter and pranks which is just part of military life.

However, insulting and making Afghan children look stupid is totally unacceptable.

I wouldn't tolerate a lot of the stuff in those videos, and if I caught any of my men doing any of that, their feet wouldn't touch the ground. It's just not on.

And we wonder why so many people dislike yank marines...

this is why you have a lot to learn kid. Ive come across many like you who are eager to join the military, moto, and young.
you may think your head is right, and thats good, but this is where learning from experience comes from.
there are exceptions to standards for many MANY reasons in combat environments.
experience in that is something you do not have.
You will never be in this situation, but even if you theoretically were,
you would look back at your comment and laugh at that moto stuff you just wrote. TRUST ME lol
your perception of standard is entirely media, and recruiting poster-movie based, and is therefore very ignorant and limited to the real deal of the infantry life.
it is definitely not what you think it is or think it should be, but ironically that is for good reasons beyond the superficial bad ones you think.

This is where you're wrong. What did you think you were going to be doing while you were deployed? This is counter insurgency...I would imagine as a Marine you would be well versed in it since it was the Marine Corps that wrote the book on small wars. You're not the only person that has been deployed to a shithole and had to deal with adverse conditions. A lot more have been through much worse and conducted themselves in a professional manner.

I get it, deployed humor is just that...when you're in your hooch with your buddies and the war stories/ sea stories are flowing, things get crazy and there is a 90% margin of error in the story for the effect. Kids are kids no matter where you go. They don't have anything to do with you being there. They don't have anything to do with your state of misery or the level of stress you're under. You signed the dotted line. Nobody held a gun to your head and said you have to join. So giving a copout excuse like "you don't know the stress we deal with" is a no/go at this station. It doesn't give you license to be an a--hole. This is big boy rules so let's try to act like it.

as one here has already said...... the OP disgraces the Marines and his country of origin with this video.... they are most likely E-2's and E-3's and as such do not know schit about anything, but THAT is no excuse to shine poorly upon their branch and country... annnnnnnnnnnnnnd, they're most likely gong to be in deep schit once command catches wind of this video.

On a side note this is why I think it is a bad idea that our, and yours I presume, to have access to cell phones etc while in a combat zone... there is something to be gained if having to live on the *edge* 100% of the time.... instincts were fine honed and kept that way because you lived in that environment all the time... now, it seems they go out for a few, return, have bunks with sheets, catered chow, computer use, cellphones.......... how does returning to that keep the spear sharp? I know I age myself but I am glad we did not have access to such.

will be interesting if OP returns

i can see both ends of the story, because they were being inmature, yes, but i think its justified because what a lot of people dont get is the marine corps itself treats their own grunts like pure ****. So the last thing these guys are going to do is try to make the marine corps look good when their own command is screwing with their them and playing with their lives everyday. I speak from experience there, so thats why I can see why they would be like that. And I wasn't one of those marines that was on a big base eating at nice chow halls with computers- I was on a crummy field base (sand bag base) getting shot at 24-7 just like it appears these guys did. the things the marine corps made me do while i was in it made me not even hesitate to get the **** out after 4 years. There were times I was hating the Marine corps itself more than the actual enemy we were fighting because of the ridiculous and life threatening things they would order us to do. Its sad to see that. soooo many stories to tell....

by the way, I believe these are the exact same guys in those original videos.
you can see the difference in how they act when they are actually doing their job that they were trained to do instead of babysitting a country like civilians want (but will never do themselves)
I think people forget these guys are soldiers/marines trained to kill people- not freakin humanitarians. I can vouch for that
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtH7FF-GNuI"]Marine Ambush on Rooftop - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
i can see both ends of the story, because they were being inmature, yes, but i think its justified because what a lot of people dont get is the marine corps itself treats their own grunts like pure ****. So the last thing these guys are going to do is try to make the marine corps look good when their own command is screwing with their them and playing with their lives everyday. I speak from experience there, so thats why I can see why they would be like that. And I wasn't one of those marines that was on a big base eating at nice chow halls with computers- I was on a crummy field base (sand bag base) getting shot at 24-7 just like it appears these guys did. the things the marine corps made me do while i was in it made me not even hesitate to get the **** out after 4 years. There were times I was hating the Marine corps itself more than the actual enemy we were fighting because of the ridiculous and life threatening things they would order us to do. Its sad to see that. soooo many stories to tell....

you can see the difference in how they act when they are actually doing their job that they were trained to do instead of babysitting a country like civilians want (but will never do themselves)
I think people forget these guys are soldiers/marines trained to kill people- not freakin humanitarians. I can vouch for that
Marine Ambush on Rooftop - YouTube
who bushed who here?

Marine Ambush on Rooftop - YouTube

You have a point.

However, my boys and I were shot at daily. We dodged IED's every patrol and all manner of other s**t. We never once thought to act in the way as those marine guys did.

I'll bet you'll struggle to find a video like that involving UK troops.

I can certainly understand the resentment of the Fobbits and such...at the same time, would you really rather be on a nice FOB shammin? Or out there for the possibility to do some real damage to the extremist *******s that got you there in the first place.

I've certainly had my disagreements with higher...I've called people out and made many enemies within my chain of command because of it. When I've beat my head against the wall enough I sound off smartly "roger that" and try to mitigate the BS at my level. I wouldn't trade my line time for anything. I didn't join to nation build either, I joined to make a difference. Sure, we're not policeman...but if you have joined since 03 then that's exactly what you are part of the time. We did the whole kill everything method in Iraq for the first three years of the war...I know...I was there...and guess what, it didn't work. It failed miserably, it fed the insurgency and caused more problems in the end. The days of the big conventional hick fights are quickly fading. The Marines should know this more than anyone because they do low intensity stuff more than most. This is low intensity conflict and instead of complaining about how they don't play fair, do the work necessary to be more effective. Anyone can blunt force trauma their way through the battlefield...True professionals apply the trauma where it's needed.

Capt frogman- I seem to remember a couple of years ago a video surfacing of british troops dragging some kids from a riot behind a wall and smashing the **** out of them.
If the worst the afghanis got was a few cuss words they didnt understand thrown around then they had a good experience with these guys.

Capt frogman- I seem to remember a couple of years ago a video surfacing of british troops dragging some kids from a riot behind a wall and smashing the **** out of them.
If the worst the afghanis got was a few cuss words they didnt understand thrown around then they had a good experience with these guys.

I can't recall it, but that's not to say it didn't happen of course.

If we're going to go down the line of brutality, I recall more incidents involving the USMC that any other unit/country.

I agree the USMC certainly are drilled with a mentality quite unlike other forces, and as such behave extremely aggressively.
From my understanding of the situation Shock Troops should not have been used as pacifying forces.

For instance New Zealand troops are trained extensively for low level conflict and reconstruction, and as such we have that reputation and build rapport with the locals quite well. But if we were trained as war parties I am sure our reactions to situations would be very different.

As much as these soldiers are getting vilified I honestly believe that the hierarchy is just as much to blame for moulding them as killers, and then putting them in these situations.

I found that video, it was Iraqi children though
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch?v=V6HS6jyxoFE

If that´s the case, then I believe that the USMC have a problem. RM´s been trained to think. I and my Marines have been through the same **** as you mate. Maybe you´re just not mature enough for this type of warfare. What happened to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome?

If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. Just my opinion.

Back