who was the best political leader in WWII?

who was the best political leader during WWII?

• Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joseph Stalin

• Adolf Hitler

• Winston Churchill

• benito muzzolini

• francisco franco

• hirohito

• chiang kaishek

• Charles De Gaulle

• Total voters

behemoth79

i pick FDR because he not only set up so many govt programs to help get america out of the depression, but was smart enough to let his generals lead the fighting *cough* *hitler* *cough*

churchill was in a far worst position than fdr, he practically raised his country up to meet the war. If it wasn't for him, there would be no alliance for fdr to help.

• oh come on, only one winner here
  • churchill8jx.gif

k...

Winston Chrchill, but FDR did an exellent job to bring the US out of depression.

A little suggestion: Mao Tze Dong was an effective political leader during the time. It did fight the Japanese along side of Chiang.

WarMachine said:
churchill was in a far worst position than fdr, he practically raised his country up to meet the war. If it wasn't for him, there would be no alliance for fdr to help.

It wasn't just about Churchill, far from it. He just encapsulated the mood and spirit of the British nation. Churchill wasn't flying the Spitfires nor manning the AA Flak nor making weapons in the factory. And he was far from a latter day saint which is what some authorities would have you believe. He was just a man like anyone else with strengths and weaknesses (he was a bipolar manic depressive and liked a good drink) although he had fierce determination, stubbornness and spirit. What he did was galvanize the nation, gave them a figurehead and gave them something to fight for and hope and I voted for him too.

"(he was a bipolar manic depressive and liked a good drink)" thats why i like him!

Actully, I beleive Australia's PM John Curtin was a great War Time Leader. In 1942 he had to "Stand Up" to Churchill, Our biggest Ally since our colonisation in 1788, when Australian troops needed to be pulled out of North Africa, to defend Australia, and he sucseeded. Then, Curtin who had been arrested to protesting agaist conscription in WWI had to introduce conscription to keep the Army's numbers high enough to defend our own shores, which were being bombed by plane and ship.
He also created the Alliance with the US that saved Australia. Australia could not have held off the Japanese without Americas help.

Back