my list
single shot breech loader.... martini-henry rifle
bolt action mag. rifle.... Enfield p-14/p-17
assault rifle..... g-3
gp machine gun...... mg-42
heavy machine gun...... Vickers, mk II
:biggun:

1858 Enfield rifled muzzle loader
Lee Enfield Number 1 Mk3* (without magazine cut off)
Lee Enfield Number 4 Mk1 Sniper Rifle (Regulated by Holland & Holland)
1928 Thompson with front pistol grip, finned barrel, Cutts converter and drum mag
Bren Gun Mk3
GPMG (British built version of the FN MAG58)
L1A1 SLR
M2 Browning 50 cal

Last edited:
Think the P-'53 Enfield looks much better than the P-'58. Agree with the Tommy Gun. Most of the verions of the Mauser bolt rifles are fine looking.

Think the P-'53 Enfield looks much better than the P-'58. Agree with the Tommy Gun. Most of the verions of the Mauser bolt rifles are fine looking.

I fired the Parker Hale built 1858 Enfield which were built using the original gauges from Enfield Lock. It was beautiful to fire and beautifully accurate.

I fired the Parker Hale built 1858 Enfield which were built using the original gauges from Enfield Lock. It was beautiful to fire and beautifully accurate.
Don't know about the P-H P-58s, But I read that the P-H P-53s were a full lb heavier than the originals.

The Parker Hale built Enfield I fired was built as a 45 calibre volunteer model and an 1853 model not an 1858. I stand corrected. As far as I am aware, the Parker Hale built Enfield's were built to exacting standards, in all honesty I don't know if they are heavier or not.

Last edited:
The Parker Hale built Enfield I fired was built as a 45 calibre volunteer model and an 1853 model not an 1858. I stand corrected. As far as I am aware, the Parker Hale built Enfield's were built to exacting standards, in all honesty I don't know if they are heavier or not.
P-H apparently sold their tooling to EuroArms of Italy(with the P-H stamp still being found on them) & it is said the they are also a lb heavy & the competing ArmySport P-53s are the correct weight.

P-H apparently sold their tooling to EuroArms of Italy(with the P-H stamp still being found on them) & it is said the they are also a lb heavy & the competing ArmySport P-53s are the correct weight.

I was lead to believe Parker Hale sold to an American company, for the life of me I cannot remember who.

I had one of the last British built Parker Hale 300 Win mag. beautifully built and amazing accuracy.

I was lead to believe Parker Hale sold to an American company, for the life of me I cannot remember who.

I had one of the last British built Parker Hale 300 Win mag. beautifully built and amazing accuracy.
Maybe the Italians only bought the front loaders...

I've always loved the look and feel of the Bren Gun, I got to fire one when I was in the Army Cadet Force, a long, long time ago.
Then there is the Vickers HMG. Never forget the one used in the "Wild Geese" by Jock as they're bugging out in the old Dakota.
Rifle wise, the L1A1 is a firm favourite, but I have a soft spot for the M-14 as well.

I've always loved the look and feel of the Bren Gun, I got to fire one when I was in the Army Cadet Force, a long, long time ago.
Then there is the Vickers HMG. Never forget the one used in the "Wild Geese" by Jock as they're bugging out in the old Dakota.
Rifle wise, the L1A1 is a firm favourite, but I have a soft spot for the M-14 as well.

I was trained on the BREN in the RAF (original 303 Mk3), I loved the gun. The RAF Regiment instructor said after I had fired my first magazine, "Well, you would have scared the sh!te out of the enemy."

The BREN had its own almost lazy sound.

The L1A1 will always be number 1 in my book. The only other rifle I was impressed with is the South African built copy of the Galil, albeit very heavy for the calibre.

Last edited:
I still reckon the old Number1 Mk3 Lee Enfield with the 1907 bayonet attached looks mean and stunning at the same time.

The FG-42 came in two versions.
The early issue with the raked back pistol grip:
fg42.jpg

And the later version with a more vertical grip:
fg42scope-009a.jpg

Both had built in bi-pods and bayonets and were fed from a side mounted box magazine. They fired a full size rifle round and were a handful on full auto, but they were popular with the troops.

I adore the intricate and aggressive look of the AS50. Each little piece just makes it look more beautiful. Many people probably think it's ugly though. o_O

BritainAfrica mentioned the South African version of the Galil, the R4. If you think THAT looks good you should see the bulpup version. It looks like some sci fi laser gun thingy-lingy-bilingually...

Back