best looking military issue long arms? - Page 2

--

December 18th, 2011  
Trooper1854

I've always loved the look and feel of the Bren Gun, I got to fire one when I was in the Army Cadet Force, a long, long time ago.
Then there is the Vickers HMG. Never forget the one used in the "Wild Geese" by Jock as they're bugging out in the old Dakota.
Rifle wise, the L1A1 is a firm favourite, but I have a soft spot for the M-14 as well.
December 19th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
I've always loved the look and feel of the Bren Gun, I got to fire one when I was in the Army Cadet Force, a long, long time ago.
Then there is the Vickers HMG. Never forget the one used in the "Wild Geese" by Jock as they're bugging out in the old Dakota.
Rifle wise, the L1A1 is a firm favourite, but I have a soft spot for the M-14 as well.
I was trained on the BREN in the RAF (original 303 Mk3), I loved the gun. The RAF Regiment instructor said after I had fired my first magazine, "Well, you would have scared the sh!te out of the enemy."

The BREN had its own almost lazy sound.

The L1A1 will always be number 1 in my book. The only other rifle I was impressed with is the South African built copy of the Galil, albeit very heavy for the calibre.
December 19th, 2011  
42RM

Always loved the German HK G3.
--
December 19th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
Always loved the German HK G3.
Bit of a bugger to clean though.
December 20th, 2011  
Trooper1854

I almost forgot! The FG-42! One of the coolest looking rifles and, the real daddy of the assault rifle.
December 21st, 2011  
BritinAfrica

I still reckon the old Number1 Mk3 Lee Enfield with the 1907 bayonet attached looks mean and stunning at the same time.
December 21st, 2011  
Trooper1854

The FG-42 came in two versions.
The early issue with the raked back pistol grip:

And the later version with a more vertical grip:

Both had built in bi-pods and bayonets and were fed from a side mounted box magazine. They fired a full size rifle round and were a handful on full auto, but they were popular with the troops.
November 8th, 2013  
{ĪnnĪr

I adore the intricate and aggressive look of the AS50. Each little piece just makes it look more beautiful. Many people probably think it's ugly though. O.o

BritainAfrica mentioned the South African version of the Galil, the R4. If you think THAT looks good you should see the bulpup version. It looks like some sci fi laser gun thingy-lingy-bilingually...