best looking handgun

Best looking...that'll be the old S&W Russian.

Not the best choice, but definately the best looks. ;)
And one spectacular example was in an auction catalog a number of yrs ago. Fully engraved, nickel plated, pearl grips. It was a gift from the Japanese Emperor to the head of the Army(?) @ the time. Stunning!

this
images
is quite pretty! 24carat gold plating!!!

I have always loved the 1911 45, it not only looks right, it does the job. A 9mm Parabellum or 40 S&W bullet might expand, but a 45 never shrinks.

One of my other favourites is the Webley Mk6 .455, if you ran out of ammunition you could club someone to death with it

just on the basis of looks. my top 5

1 colt 1911.
2 colt peacmaker, 6" bbl
3 walther PPK,
4 lugar,
5 .44 automag

Last edited:
I'd sure hate to get shot with an ugly gun.

Haha... It would cramp your style eh?

"wait a minute, time out..... Is that a High-point you are waving in my face???? Beat it punk...."

Last edited:
My favorites are the
1. Browning high power
2. Colt Python, stainless steal, 4 inch barrel
3. Colt Gold Cup 10mm

I think the 10mm is the perfect military round. Side arms and Submachineguns. It has mass plus velocity.
But for some reason none or at least very few military or para-military organizations havn't gone in that direction.

My favorites are the
1. Browning high power
2. Colt Python, stainless steal, 4 inch barrel
3. Colt Gold Cup 10mm

I think the 10mm is the perfect military round. Side arms and Submachineguns. It has mass plus velocity.
But for some reason none or at least very few military or para-military organizations havn't gone in that direction.

Other more common rounds are more widely availble. It's cheaper to desgin a new firearm around a exsisting round, than to have to retool your entire logisitics structure to run a new round out to troops wherever they may be.

The best looking thing is a woman wearing nothing in my bed. Opps, wrong thread (walking silently out from this thread)

If I start a thread that includes naked women, I will be violating the rules of this forum, even if they are in my bed :crybaby:

My Precious

My list is as follows:

1. 1911 A1
2. Sig Sauer P226
3. East German Makarov

All quality and reliable

Most Fun
4. Luger P08 with butt stock

Going purely by looks, this is my list: -

Strayer-Voigt Infinity: named Infinity because they offer an incredible number of custom options
79.jpg

CZ 122: yeah yeah it's only .22LR but I like the way it looks!
cz%20122%20male%201.jpg

For reliability there are three semi automatics I would recommend to anyone,
(1) Colt 45ACP 1992 Combat Commander 5 inch barrel with 22 pound recoil spring and Hogue grips.
(2) CZ75 full size, again with Hogue grips.
(3) Browning Hi Power with extended safety, Hogue grips and disconnected magazine safety.

In it's day,... for looks, and looks alone, I couldn't go past the .44 Automag, but since then, I've had a bit of a love affair with my old Colt Python, with 6" barrel.

I never owned an Automag or even saw one in the flesh, they were poisonously expensive at the time with about a six month waiting list, plus the fact that things used to fall off them when they were fired, sorta cut short my initial enthusiasm.
The Python was a pig to shoot (accurately) until I bought myself a set of good rubber grips, as I have short stumpy fingers.

Last edited:
The Colt Python has the smoothest trigger pull I have ever encountered, glass smooth and beautifully accurate.

The Automag quickly earned a bad reputation, production stopped in around 1982. The Widley looks like its based on a similar concept except that its gas operated. Both are too big and heavy for daily carry.

I still have my S&W model 19 with 6 inch barrel. I bought it in London around 1980 and its still going strong.

I must admit I am also a fan of the Webley Mk6 455. It's so big and ugly, it has a beauty all of its own

Last edited:
Back