Best King or Queen of England ?

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
Who do you believe was / is England's best King or Queen ?

I would have to say the crown goes to Her Majesty, Elton John

................just joshing.....I'd say it was George VI

The one who was forced to sign the Magna Charta! ;-)

Ok, was just joking. But King George VI was the best british king and Queen Elizabeth II is the best queen!

Cheers

Henry the VIII, had six wives and started his own religon.

Last edited:
Uhh...I think that would be Queen Elizabeth II.

Was King George VI alive during American Revolution War?

Fox said:
Uhh...I think that would be Queen Elizabeth II.

Was King George VI alive during American Revolution War?

Um... Nope that was George III.

George VI was king from 1936 - 1952 when he died of Cancer.

Best Queen I would have to go with Elizabeth I

Being the good Scot that I am I would have to say the best King would have to be the "King Over the Water".

My family still has a grudge against the House of Hanover...

From an outsider looking in I would have to say Queen Elizabeth as she inherited a near bankrupt weakened Britain and steered her into a position of power and dominance. I admire someone who can take a pile of manure and turn it into gold.

Claymore said:
Um... Nope that was George III.

George VI was king from 1936 - 1952 when he died of Cancer.

Best Queen I would have to go with Elizabeth I

Being the good Scot that I am I would have to say the best King would have to be the "King Over the Water".

My family still has a grudge against the House of Hanover...

:-x Claymore, did you know that ***** Elizabeth I murdered Mary Queen of Scots ???

Mary (Stuart) Queen of Scots was murdered by her cousin Elizabeth I (Tudor). It was a cousin rivalry thing, and the Red-head won.

I think you are thinking of Mary I (Tudor) who was Elizabeth's step-sister - different Mary

Last edited:
Thanks Padre... its bloody confusing with all the damn names being about the same and I even took a history class in uni about England that focused on all the royal goings on... oi!

Padre said:
:-x Claymore, did you know that ***** Elizabeth I murdered Mary Queen of Scots ???

Yes, I knew that Elizabeth was responsible for Mary's death. I also know that she was not a particularily strong Queen for Scotland. She also would never have fallen into English hands if the nobles of Scotland had not betrayed her first.
Given the religious and politicl upheavals in England at the time, her death was IMO inevitable - regardless of who the English Monarch was.

The question wasn't "who was the kindest", it was who was the best.
I'll stick with Elizabeth

Back